Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 142.

His cheeks got red as he looked back down at the bed. I giggled.

Copeland began squirming again. I held her close.
"Baby.." I said, she managed to calm down. She then gently placed her head against my chest. I saw her eye lids start to close. I gently rocked her until she fell asleep.

Kellin moved closer, gently stroking what little hair she had.
"How did we get so lucky?" He said quietly. I looked up at him. He was right. I wasn't even supposed to be able to have kids, she almost didn't make it when I did, and now here we were. Everything perfect as we were sitting in Kellin's tour bus. How did we get so lucky?

I stared up at him and sighed.
"I always knew you'd get everything you ever deserved." I said. He smiled, biting his lip, leaning in, gently kissing me.
"You know, we're gonna have to take a break with that.." I said. He giggled, rolling his eyes.
"We are just fine." He said, kissing my forehead, getting up.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"I'm going to make her a bottle. She's gonna be up soon. She never sleeps that long all at once." I nodded, sighing as he walked out. He knew all of this already?

And like clockwork, as he walked back in, bottle in hand, Copeland's eyes began to open. He really did know what he as talking about. I suppose all those years taking care of Celine, he of all people should know what he's talking about.
"You want to?" He asked. I bit my lip, handing her over to him. He gently scooped her into his arms, holding her close, gently placing the bottle in her mouth. She ate quietly while she stared up at her Daddy. He stared back, smiling, gently holding the bottle up for her.

Then, I started to think. I had no idea what I was doing.

I looked up at Kellin. It was like he knew everything about everything. I bit my lip.
"M-maybe I should try.." I said. He smiled down at me, gently placing Copeland in my arms. She reached up, trying to hold onto the bottle. I sighed, smiling down at her. She was so small, so precious. Finally, she finished her bottle, and moved her face away. I saw her face scrunch up, and she let out a loud wail. I flinched at the loud noise. I saw Kellin jump, covering his ears. Her face became bright red as her cries got louder.

"What do I do?" I yelled over the cries. He bit his lip, shrugging.
"M-maybe.. she needs to be changed.." He said. I gently handed her off to him. He sighed, gently taking her, bringing her into the other room.