Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 17.

The next morning, Kellin’s doctor came in, giving us the release forms to sign, and then he was on his way.
“Can you hand me my clothes?” He asked, pointing to the chair across the room. I got them.
“Anything will be better than this terrible hospital gown.” I laughed. His face turned red as he gently shoved me. I sat down and waited for him to finish changing. He slid off his gown right there.
“Kellin!” I yelled, looking away. He laughed.
“Whaaaaaaat?” He said, still giggling. “Best friends change in front of each other. It’s no big deal. You’re the only one who seems to think so.” I wait until he’s finished changing to look back. When I do, he’s smiling and shaking his head. I feel my face get red.
“If we’re gonna live together, you’re going to have to get used to that.” He said. I scrunched my face.
“It’s not like we’re gonna share a room.” I said. Then I thought. That really wouldn’t be so bad.
“Oh, we wouldn’t?” He asked. He put on his jacket.
“No.” I snapped. I felt my face start to blush even more.
“Oh, that’s right.” He said, now fixing his hair in the mirror. “You refuse to be with me, like thaaaaaat.” I looked away.
“Shut up, Kellin.” I gently shoved him. He shoved me back. This went on until he had me backed against the wall. Staring into my eyes, he gently leaned in and kissed me. But it was different than any other kiss we’ve had. It felt… real. He gently grabbed my waist, lifting me up. I wrapped my legs around his, then wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him harder. Finally, he moved away. He was just looking at me. It was quiet for a little. I really didn’t know what to say. Apparently, neither did he.
He let me down, and fixed his newly messed up hair again. I did the same. Then he looked back at me. I bit my lip. He gently grabbed me by my pants belt loop, and pulled me into a hug. I held on tight, refusing to let go. I felt safe when he held me. I didn’t want anyone else. I heard him breathe, and felt him gently kiss my neck before he let go.
“We.. uh, we.. should get going.” He finally said. I nodded.
And needless to say, it was another quiet drive home.