Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 18.

Kellin pulled up my driveway and stopped the car. I looked at him.
“Thanks.. for staying there with me..” He said. I sighed, gently stroking his hair.
“I know you would of done the same for me.” I said. He nodded. I grabbed my bag and opened the door.
“Jess…” I heard him say. I looked back.
“What is it?” I asked. He looked down.
“A-about.. about moving in together..” He said. I sighed.
“It’s okay, I know it was a ridiculous idea.”
“I was serious.” He said softly. “I.. I mean.. If you ever wanted to..” I looked at him. He’d really want to move in with me?
“Oh..” I said. I looked down.
“And..” He started “I.. I just wanted to know.. I mean… I just..” I bit my lip.
“What is it?” I asked. He sighed and got out of the car, meeting me on the other side. He gently took my hand. I could see his cheeks getting red. He kept a direct stare at my feet.
“What.. exactly are we, Jess? I mean.. the way you kiss me.. I just.. I don’t want to get the wrong idea.. I just.. I want to be with you. I want to be together. I don’t want this.. friendship but acting like a couple thing we have going on here… I want you to be mine, and I’d be your’s and it’d just.. it’d work.”
I didn’t know what to say. After all, I always wanted him to be my boyfriend. Technically. Didn’t I? I guess I just didn’t want to ruin what we have.
“Kellin..” I said. He looked up at me. I could feel him intertwining our fingers, and moving closer; practically leaning against me, pushing me up against the car. I looked up at him. His beautiful eyes staring into mine, the wind perfectly blowing his hair, everything about him was perfect. He told me that I deserved better when in reality, it was him that deserved better. He deserved someone perfect. Just like him. And I wasn’t perfect.

He leaned in, gently kissing me on the lips. I sighed as he leaned his forehead against mine.
“You’re beautiful.” I whispered. I heard him laugh. I couldn’t help but smile too.
“You’re not so bad yourself.” He said, giggling. He looked back at me. I could tell he was expecting an answer; an answer I just didn’t have right now.
“Kellin, I just don’t know.” I said.
“You don’t know what?” He asked. I could sense the change of tone in his voice. “What don’t you know? You don’t know if you want to be with me? You don’t know if we’d work? Well I think we would. We’re perfect for each other, and the sooner you realize that the better.” He moved away from me and got back into his car.
My entire body got cold. Kellin was never like this with me. I backed away, and watched him back out of my driveway, and speed off.
I missed him already.