Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 25.

I gently took off Kellin’s shirt and looked at his gash. I couldn’t look very long.
“Go lay down” I sighed. He lied down on my bed, clutching my pillow. I quickly grabbed a hot washcloth and what bandages we had in the guest bathroom. I come back to see Kellin half asleep facing the wall. I sighed, smiling at him. He deserved so much better. I gently sat next to him on the edge of the bed. That woke him back up.
“You know..” I said “We should really take you to a doctor.” He rolled over.
“I trust you more than some doctor who just see’s me as a paycheck.” I took the washcloth and gently rubbed it over the gash. He flinched.
“It’s gonna sting more when I have to disinfect it.” I say. He scrunches his face.
“I’ve felt worse.” He mumbles. I bite my lip. That was a shot at me.
After cleaning and bandaging him up, I handed him back his shirt. He shook his head.
“I sleep better with it off.” He said. Of course he did.
“Fine.” I sighed.
I went into the bathroom to change and get cleaned off. I tied my wet hair into a tight pony tail and washed off the running mascara. Of course, the first night Kellin and I spend together, and I look like this.
I go back into my bedroom to see Kellin already under the blankets, with his pile of clothes on the floor at the foot of the bed. I’d have to wash them for him when my mother wasn’t home.
Before climbing into bed, I took a second to look at him. He looked so sweet and innocent when he was asleep. The same as when he was awake. I enjoyed seeing him sleep. When he was asleep, he didn’t have to worry about anything. He was at peace when he was asleep. I tried my best not to wake him.
I gently slid under the covers, careful not to move too much. I didn’t do a very good job. He shifted, moaned, and flipped over. He was now looking at me. He smiled. I smiled back.
He gently ran his hands under my shirt, pulling me closer. I hid my face in his neck. He was cold; I’m assuming from being in his wet clothes for so long. He kissed my forehead.
“Thank you.” He said. I looked up at him.
“For what?” I said. He sighed.
“Just for everything.” He pulled me closer, and gently kissed my neck. I felt the goosebumps travel all over my body. He noticed, and laughed at the fact, but didn’t stop. He kissed down my neck, then to my shoulder. My heart beat faster. I moved my hands up his neck, then through his hair.
The night was a blur, filled with his soft touching and gentle kisses. He eventually drifted to sleep with his legs tangled in mine, intertwining our fingers. The last thing I recalled from that night was falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.