Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 27.

I just looked at him.
“What?” I said. He looked away.
“If you don’t have any intentions in wanting to be with me, I can’t keep pretending like you do.” My heart dropped.
“Kellin, I..” He cut me off.
“I want to be with you, Jess. Okay? Just me and you. We could go and start a life of our own, without everyone always on our case. Without my mom, without everything here. We could move far away.”
“But.. what about you wanting to be a singer.” He sighed.
“That’s not as important.” He said. “I have to be realistic. That’s never going to happen.”
“Kellin, you don’t know that, if you just tried..” He cut me off again.
“It’s not going to happen.” He said. He got up.
“Well, I think it could. If you tried.” He looked back at me.
“Then you have more faith in me than anyone. Actually, you’re the only one.” I felt my cheeks get red. I could tell his mom must of said something to him.
“Just because your mom doesn’t think it’s a good idea..” He snapped.
“She said I was stupid. She said I was stupid for thinking something that great could happen to me. She said that you actually have to be talented to go somewhere in life; that you have to mean something. She said that I’m gonna be a dead beat dad, just like mine. That I’m not going anywhere. That I’m worthless, okay?” I could see the tears in his eyes. He looked away. He never wanted me to see him cry.
I went over and wrapped my arms around him, and that’s when he broke down. I pulled him back to my bed. He lied down, hiding his face in my pillow. He gripped tightly as he sobbed into it. There was nothing I could do, and that’s what made it hurt even more. I lied down next to him, he turned over, pulling me up against him. He hid his face in my neck. He calmed down, but I could still feel the tears on my skin. I gently kissed the top of his head. He took my hand, and holding it tightly, he gently kissed it. He mumbled something, I couldn’t quite hear it, so I just let it be. He eventually calmed down enough to fall back asleep. I kissed his forehead before dozing off too.