Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 30.

It was monday. I rolled myself out of bed, and walked to the bus stop. I felt numb. My body was cold. My face expressionless. I still hadn’t seen Kellin; I hadn’t heard from him yet. I had no idea where he was, how he was… nothing.
I rode the bus silently, as I did every morning. My last encounter with Kellin replayed over and over in my head until we pulled into the parking lot. I sighed, grabbed my bag, and prepped myself for the terrible day ahead of me.
I walked down the hallway, avoiding all eye contact, watching my feet.
Step, step, step, step.
I reached my locker and effortlessly put my things inside. Suddenly, Taylor turned the corner. He looked at me, and smiled. I smiled back, slightly waving. He came over.

“Hey, Jess” He said, still smiling. He looked me over “Are you alright?”
I guess I looked as terrible as I felt.
“Yeah” I sighed “I’m fine.” He scrunched up his face.
“Um, hey…” He began “A few people are having a little… get together tonight. I guess you could call it a party. Would… you want to go with me?” He asked. I felt my cheeks get red. He was inviting me to a party? I bit my lip. I wanted to be available in case Kellin needed me, but I guess it couldn’t hurt to get out for a night. I sighed.
“That sounds like fun” I said. His face lit up. “I’m gonna warn you, though” I said “I’ll most likely be attached to your hip all night, cause I don’t exactly have a lot of friends in your… circle of friends.” He laughed.
“That’s perfectly fine with me.” He said “Actually, it’s encouraged.” He winked at me. I felt my cheeks get red. I smiled and looked back at my feet.
“So, then I’ll see you tonight.” I said. He nodded.
“Great, it’s a date.” He said. My face was burning. A date? No. Not a date. But my mouth wouldn’t seem to respond. He smiled at my silence, and turned the corner.