Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 35.

Kellin’s P.O.V

I slowly went over, kneeling down next to her. I felt the tears come to my eyes. I gently pushed the hair out of her face and closed her eyes. She looked peaceful now. She wasn’t angry. She didn’t have to hide her emotions behind her drinking anymore. Suddenly it all made sense. Why she was so angry. Why she always wanted to forget. My father left her. She loved him, and he just got up and left her. And then there was me. I reminded her of him everyday.
I gently held her hand. It was still warm. The tears fell faster now. This was my mother. Despite always being angry, she was still my mother. She never left me. She always took care of me. She’s the one who stayed. I hid my face in her arm and cried. I was empty. She was taken away from me, from someone who had already made my life a living hell. It was his fault. My father. Who hurt me, who would of hurt Celine, who killed my mother. She was protecting me. Finally, I heard loud stomping upstairs. My heart started to beat faster. He was coming to find me. I wiped my eyes and looked at her one last time. I gently kissed her forehead before heading to the back door. Before leaving, I turned and looked back once more.
“I love you, Mom.”