Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 38.

I woke up the next morning with Kellin’s arm around me. I gently laid my head on his chest. He moaned, gently shifting. I saw his eyes open. They were bloodshot.
“Go back to sleep” I whispered. I gently kissed his cheek. He moaned again, and turned over, now facing me. He puckered his lips. I couldn’t help but smile, and gently kiss him on the lips. He smiled too, then nuzzled his face into my neck. I held him close.
“You’re all mine, mine, mine..” I heard him whisper. He gently ran his fingers up my arm. He was adorable.
“And I always will be..” I said. He looked up at me, his eyes, for the first time in a long time, seemed to actually be happy. I smiled back at him. His smile could light up a room. Too bad it hadn’t been out very much very often. I missed his smile. I missed his laugh. I missed his sense of humor. I missed the Kellin before all of this began happening.
He gently grabbed my waist and pulled me close.
“We have some time alone before Celine wakes up..” He said. He gently kissed my neck. I knew where this was going. I giggled, pulling him closer. He kissed my lips, now holding my face in his hands. I sighed. His touch was magical. I let him kiss me, on my lips, down my neck, across my shoulder. Eventually, he leaned his forehead against mine.

“I love you, Jess. You know that?” I blushed.
“I love you, too.” I said. He smiled.
“I’ve been waiting forever for you to say that to me, and it’ll still sound just as sweet as the first time, every time.” I bit my lip. He always knew the perfect thing to say, and always knew the perfect time to say it. He was perfect. There was so arguing that. He was quiet for a little while. He was contemplating saying something.

“What is it?” I ask. He sighs.
“Um.. I.. I just remembered.. last night.. I have an audition.. for a band today.. and, well, I was wondering.. if you weren’t too busy.. if you could watch Celine.” I smiled. My eyes got wide.
“An audition? Kellin, that’s great!” He shrugged.
“I won’t get it, but it can’t hurt to try.” I smiled.
“I’m sure you’ll do great.” I say “And of course I’ll watch Celine.” He smiles back at me, gently kissing my nose.
“Thanks, Jess.” He said.
“So, what are you gonna play? Or sing, or whatever you plan on doing at this audition.” He shrugged.
“I.. kinda planned on singing the song I wrote you” He blushed “If that’s okay with you.” I nodded.
“You’re really talented, Kellin.” I said. He stares into my eyes, and pushes the hair out of my face.
“Just marry me.” He said. I giggled, gently pushing his hand away.
“Oh, shut up.” I say, he smiled, looking down now.
“One day I’m gonna mean it, you know.” He said. He quickly kissed me on the lips. “And when I do, you won’t be telling me to shut up.” He kissed me again. I laughed.
He’s right. I wouldn’t laugh then. I wouldn’t remember how to.
I wouldn’t be able to think straight.
The only thing going through my mind would be “yes.”