Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 41.

The drive there was quiet. Kellin drove, one hand on the wheel, the other arm leaning on the arm rest in the center. I looked at him; his face blank. I gently leaned my arm against his, holding his hand. I saw him smile.
“You’re gonna be fine.” I said. He held my hand tighter, keeping his eyes on the road.
“Let’s hope so.” He said. I wish he was more confident in himself. I gently kissed his hand.
Finally, we pulled into the parking lot. It was a small venue. But I could tell there were a lot of people already there. This probably made Kellin even more nervous. He stopped the car.

“Baby.. you’re gonna be fine.” He looked at me, half smiling.
“You.. called me baby.” I blushed. I guess I did.
“Yes” I said “Now, let’s go.” He laughed, opening his door. He gently kissed my hand before getting out.
“Thanks again” He whispered. I smiled, gently letting go and getting out.
I helped Celine out from the backset. She right away took my hand. Kellin looked over. I saw him smile before we started to walk inside.
The place was packed. There was a small stage at the back of the room, with 4 guys about three feet away, sitting in folding chairs. They held clip boards, and intensely watched each person who got up on the stage. Kellin was staring. His nerves were growing.
Celine and I went to go sit in the chairs on the other side of the room, along with the other girls that decided to come and watch. I held Celine close. The girls were dressed in barely anything. Their skin-tight, low cut, half tanks and their half shorts and their spiked boots were the last thing I wanted Celine to be around. I looked over at Kellin, who was already on line. He had his headphones in, sitting on the floor, staring at his feet.
I was proud of him. He had a dream, and he was going for it. I smiled at him. He picked up his head, and caught me staring. He smiled back. Celine waved. He laughed, and waved back at her.
He was going to be just fine.