Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 42.

Kellin’s P.O.V

I watched everyone ahead of me perform.
They were all great.
I could feel my body get cold; I felt sick. I looked over at Jess and Celine. Jess sat there with Celine on her lap. She stuck out amongst the other girls around. I liked that.
My turn was getting closer. I gripped the strap of my guitar. My hands were starting to sweat. I wiped them on my pants. I looked over to see a group of girls looking at me. My cheeks burned. I quickly looked away. One of them came over.
“Well, aren’t you cute.” She said, winking at me. She was older. She had a drink in her hand, half full. I blushed, and looked down at my feet. She was dressed like the rest of the girls in the back. I felt uncomfortable.
“Thanks” I said. She didn’t leave.
“So, you’re a singer?” She asked. I nodded. She looked behind me. “And you play guitar? Impressive.” I nodded again. I really didn’t want to talk to anyone. I was nervous enough as it was.
“So, there’s a little party after everyone’s done here. It’d be a good place to be, to get to know everyone. You know what happens, when you know the right people..” She said. She was looking at me now, up and down. I felt even more uncomfortable.
“Um, thanks but.. I uh..” She cut me off.
“Here.” She said. She grabbed my arm and wrote down her number.
“Call me when you’re done, I’ll give you the info for the party” She winked again, and was on her way. I sighed and leaned back against the wall. I looked back up at the stage. My stomach dropped. There were only two more people left. My heart was beating faster now. I could get a look at the guys sitting in the folding chairs. They were just as intimidating as i imagined they would be. My hands were sweating again. I quickly wiped them off.
And then soon enough, it was my turn.