Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 46.

Kellin’s P.O.V
I stormed out and got into the car, slamming the door. I lied my forehead on the steering wheel, breathing heavily. I can’t believe she didn’t trust me. I never gave her any reason not to. This wasn’t fair.
I quickly backed out of the driveway, and drove off. I rolled down all the windows and blasted the radio. The heavy wind blowing in my face calmed me down. I’d make sure to fix my hair before I got there.
Beauty queen of only eighteen she had some trouble with her self..
I quickly turned off the radio. Everything reminded me of Jess. How I yelled at her, how I stormed out instead of chasing after her. She meant everything to me and I was still driving to this stupid party. I sighed, looking out the window I realized I was already there. I could hear the music from outside. It was a big house, and the lights from inside were flashing through the windows. Some party.

I got out, fixed my hair, and clothes, and took a deep breath before going inside. When I opened the door, I was smacked in the face with a cloud of smoke and the blaring music. This only made me want my cigarettes more. I hadn’t smoked for almost 2 weeks. Thankfully I still had some in my car. I walked through the kitchen. Girls turned and looked at me, giving me strange faces, and winking. Now I knew what Jess was talking about. I wouldn’t like if it guys were treating her this way, either. I sighed. She was right.
I kept making my way through the crowd of people, looking for the girl who invited me. Finally, I found her. She saw me from across the room.
“You made it” she said. She walked over and gave me a one-armed hug, holding out her half empty bottle in the other. “I’m Kelly, by the way.” She laughed at herself. “Glad you could make it. The drinks are over there. Go grab yourself one and meet me back here.” She winked at me.
“Um.. Kelly, I.. I’m not old enough to-” She cut me off.
“I won’t tell if you won’t, cutie pie.” I bit my lip, and went over to the counter. What Kelly said replayed in my mind over and over.
It’s all about who you know.
And right now, I was in no position to turn down meeting anyone.
I went over to the bar and looked through all the drinks. I didn’t know what any of these were. They just couldn’t have any beer and make this easy for me? I bit my lip, and grabbed a bottle. I struggled trying to open it. Three guys down the bar were watching me. I brought it into the other room. Finally, I got it open and took a sip. I almost spit it all over the floor. I, of course must of picked the strongest one. I saw Kelly start to come back over. I took another sip, forcing myself to keep it down.
“Oh, that’s what you’re drinking, huh?” she said. She smiled at me, touching my arm. I felt my face get red, and gently moved away.
“I guess so, yeah” I laughed.
“Come dance with me.” She said. I didn’t have a say. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the other room where everyone was dancing. It wasn’t so much dancing. People were either grinding on each other, or sucking faces. I wasn’t interested in either of those.
Kelly grabbed my shirt and pulled me close to her, now dancing on me. She noticed my lack of enthusiasm. This only made her dance more.
“Come onnn..” she said. She tugged harder on my clothes. “Loosen up, Kellin. Have fun. It’s a party.” I sighed.
Finally, I took a big sip of my drink, and started dancing.