Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 49.

“Thanks for asking me to come out tonight.” I said, wiping my eyes. I looked over at Taylor from the passenger side. He smiled.
“It’s my pleasure.” He said softly.
After Kellin took off, I locked my self in my room. I didn’t want to see anyone, or talk to anyone after that. Or so I thought. A little while after, Taylor called and invited me to dinner. I happily accepted.
I explained Celine’s situation to my mother. Sure, she wasn’t fond of Kellin, but she had nothing against a little girl, who had just recently lost her mother. She was happy to take care of her, and I was sure she had made her a bed and comfortable for the night. I was relieved for a night off of baby sitter. As much as I loved Celine, especially because she was Kellin’s sister, it just made me angry how Kellin could just walk out like that. Celine was his sister. Not mine. I didn’t have to take care of her. She was his responsibility.
The last thing I wanted to do was think about Kellin tonight.
Who am I kidding.
The only thing I thought about was Kellin tonight.
That’s all I ever thought about.
“So, I figured I’d ask.. but.. why were you crying?” Taylor asked. I sighed.
“Just.. stupid boyfriend stuff.” He faked a laugh. I could tell he wasn’t thrilled.
“Oh, boyfriend?” He said. He had more of a father tone. That made me smile.
“Kellin’s my boyfriend” I sighed. He nodded.
“I assumed so” He said. He looked back at the road.
“He just.. I don’t know.. He’s just.. selfish sometimes.” Taylor laughed.
“Well, he is a guy.” Taylor always knew how to make me smile.
“Gender shouldn’t give anyone any special rights.” I said. He shrugged.
“I don’t know..” He said “You’re a girl, and with that, you just happen to be adorable to me all the time. Now that’s not very fair.” I blushed, looking out the window.
“Shut up” I said. He sighed.
“Well it’s true.” I looked over at him. He peeked at me.
“And why isn’t that fair?” I asked.
“Because, I’m not adorable all the time. It’s not fair.” I laughed.
“Taylor, you could be a model if you wanted. I don’t want to hear it.”
“That’s not true.”
“Yes it is. I can’t think of a single girl who wouldn’t want you.” He was quiet for a little.
“So then, what about you?”