Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 5.

I open my eyes, and the first thing I see are Kellin’s staring back at me. Not a bad way to gain consciousness.
“Are you okay?” he said, gently feeling my forehead. I looked back at him.
“Yeah” I sighed “I’m fine.. this kind of stuff always happens.”
He giggles. It’s the cutest thing I’ve ever heard. Nothing new.
“That doesn’t mean it’s okay” he says. He takes my hands, and helps me back onto my feet. I grip his hands tightly as he pulls me up. I never want to let go.
“You think you’ll be okay to walk on your own?” he laughs. I feel my face getting red again.
“I”m fine, Kellin.” He picks up my bag and throws it over his shoulder.
“If you say so.”

To the average person, it looked like Kellin and I were together. Which of course I enjoyed. This kept most girls from flirting with him. But, most wasn’t all.

It wasn’t news to anyone that Kellin was gorgeous. Cause he was. He had piercing blue eyes, long dark hair, and was the only boy in school who had a full sleeve of tattoos. And girls found that to be attractive. But it wasn’t just his looks that got people’s attention. Kellin wasn’t your typical high school boy. He wasn’t interested in things that guys at our school were interested in. Kellin enjoyed music, while the rest of the guys at our school all played sports. He also wasn’t interested in just getting with different girls. I actually wasn’t too sure if Kellin had ever even had a girlfriend. I decided I rather not know.
And then she turned the corner. Marissa. You could say I wasn’t her biggest fan. With her perfect, long blonde hair. Her bright blue eyes, and perfect skin and perfect body. Of course, right? And of course, she made an effort every day to hunt down Kellin for herself.
I sulked into my sweater as she got closer. She was so perfect. And I wasn’t anywhere close to the word.
“Hey Kellin” she said, touching his shoulder. He gently brushed her off.
“Hey Marissa” he said, without managing to take his eyes away from his locker. I smiled as I stood closer to him.
“So I was wondering” she began. I saw her hands start to feel up his arm, and that’s when the fury started to build inside me. The flames of jealousy grew until I thought my insides must of been charred to a crisp.
“I’m having a small get together this weekend, and I was wondering if you’d like to come. Nothing crazy, just drinking with a few friends.”
He put the rest of his things into his locker and handed me back my bag. I forgot he had it. Marissa was a little distracting.
“I”m gonna pass. That’s not exactly my scene” he said, as polite as anyone could of been while eagerly declining plans. She just looked at him. She just didn’t get the hint.

“Well..” she said. She was still touching his arm. “What if just you and me hung out one night. That’d be fun.” He smiled.
“Thanks, but no thanks. Now I gotta get going.” He started walking off, then turned around and looked at me. I blushed, but smiled back at him. He nodded towards the other direction. I quickly caught up to him, but made sure to flash Marissa a smile before we turned the corner.