Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 51.

The night only seemed to get easier after that. We shared stories about starting high school, and reminisced about the days when we were younger, playing pretend in the little world of our own. Thinking back on it, those days with Taylor were magical. By the end of the night, I completely forgot the time I spent crying over Kellin. He was probably still out parting with those drunken groupies anyway. Why let him spoil my night.
Taylor walked me out to the car, and opened the door for me. I smiled, getting in. A perfect gentleman. He got in, and started the car. We continued laughing, and sharing our stories the entire ride home. It was nice bonding with him again.
Finally, we pulled up my driveway. He turned off the car.
“Jess..” He said, he looked over at me. I looked back.
“Yeah?” I said. He hesitated.
“I.. I had a lot of fun tonight.” He gave a half smile. I smiled back.
“So did I. Thank you for dinner.”
“Anything for you.” He said. My face got red. I thought of Kellin, how after his audition, he thanked me for just being there. Anything for him.
“Um..” Taylor said. He then got out of the car, meeting me on my side, and opened my door for me. He quietly walked me to my door.
“Can.. can we do this again?” He asked. His voice was low, and he didn’t make direct eye contact. I felt my cheeks get red.
“Um..” I said. “Y-yeah. Yeah, that’d be fun.” I said. He smiled, looking back up at me. He licked his lips.
“So..” He said. He moved closer. “You still haven’t heard from Kellin?” He asked. I looked at my phone. Nothing. And it was passed midnight. My stomach felt sick. I shook my head.
“Some boyfriend..” Taylor sighed. “Just know, if you were mine.. I’d never keep you waiting around like this.” I blushed.
“Thanks, Taylor..” I sighed. He looked up at me.
“You deserve better, you know. I still stand by what I said. You deserve someone who can give you the world, and I just don’t think he can do that.” I looked back at him. He was staring down at me, with his dark brown eyes. They were so caring; so full of love. I had to look away.
“I’ll wait for you..” He said. I know he would, that’s the problem.
“I couldn’t ask you to do that.” I said. I quickly shook the idea from my head. Was I actually considering it? No. No, I couldn’t be.
“You don’t have to ask me to do anything.. I’ll always be here for you if you need me, Jess. Anytime.” I nodded. He gently took my hand and kissed it, then walked back to his car. I watched him get in, and drive off.
Then I sat and waited on the front porch for Kellin.