Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 58.

I quickly got ready, and went downstairs. Kellin had already finished showering. He shook his still wet hair, flipping it to the side. I leaned against the counter across from him.
“So, do you have any idea where to start looking?” I asked. He smiled.
“I have a few places we can check out.” He said.
“Oh, so you’ve already been thinking about this.” He nodded.
“You can say that.” I smiled, gently messing up his hair.
“Hey!” he said. He quickly tried to fix it. I thought it was funny how crazy he got with his hair.
“You look fine, dear.” I said. He smirked.
“So, I asked your mom if she could watch Celine today while we went out and looked” He said. I was taken back.
“And she agreed?” My mother hated Kellin. He nodded.
“Yeah, she loves Celine.” He said. This made more sense.
“But.. she.. what did she say when you told where we were going?” I asked. This didn’t sound like my mother at all.
“She.. sounded happy for us.” He said. He shrugged. I was surprised.
“Well, that’s.. great.” I said. He smiled, grabbing his keys. I followed him out to the car.
“So, I was thinking we could look at places closer to town first.” He said. “I just thought it’d be easier, and it’d be less of a trip if we had to drive in.” I nodded. He really had planned this all out. I wondered how long he’s been thinking about this.
He drove off, gently taking my hand, and holding it. He intertwined our fingers. I couldn’t help but smile stupidly.
“So you’re sure you want to live with me?” He asked. He looked over at me; his eyes shining from the sun. I smiled.
“I couldn’t think of anyone else I’d rather be moving in with.” He blushed. I saw him smile as he looked back at the road.
It was quiet for a little. Occasionally he’d play with my fingers, or kiss my hand. Then..
“If you were to get married..” He said. He was quiet for a few seconds after. “Where.. where would you want it to be?” He bit his lip. I felt my heart beat faster. Marriage? He brought up marriage? Well, I guess it wasn’t too far off. We were moving in together. Things were obviously getting serious, right? I thought about it, and humored his question.
“Well..” I said. “I’d want a wedding with my entire family there. I’d want it to be big..” I saw him nodding in the corner of my eye. “I’d like a lot of flowers. A spring wedding. That’d be pretty. I think all the guys should be wearing black, you’d look good in black..” I stopped myself. I was now planning my wedding with him. He looked over with a smile. He noticed.
“Oh, yeah? He asked, smirking. I felt my cheeks burn, but I nodded.
“You’d look very handsome.” I sighed. He kissed my hand again. I felt my heart beat faster.
“Anything else you’d like?” He asked. I thought about it.
“A wedding on the beach would be nice..” I said. “With the sunset, that sounds romanic.” I couldn’t think of anything else I really wanted. Nothing else would honestly matter to me.. Unless Kellin was the one standing next to me.
“What about you?” I asked. He smiled.
“Well, I agree. I think the guys would look good in black, and you of course in white.” I felt my face get redder. “And.. I’d like a wedding on the beach. I enjoy sunsets.” I knew he did. That’s why I wanted it.
“And it wouldn’t even have to be a big wedding..” He went on “I’d be happy if it was just me and you.” I looked over at him. He looked back, with his half smile. His face red, and his eyes so sweet and vulnerable.
He was planning on marrying me.