Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 60.

We finally got to the first apartment. It was near the water. That was a plus already. Kellin gently took my hand as we walked inside, and swung it back and forth as we walked up the stairs.
“Now, this is just the first one.” I said “We don’t have to settle on anything.” I knew how he got when he was excited. If he loved one thing about it, he would want the first one he saw.
“I knowwww..” He sighed. We opened the door.
It was beautiful. I saw him beaming out of the corner of my eye. He loved it.
We both loved it.
He pulled me into the living room where there was a huge window, overlooking the water. There was a perfect view of town from up here.
“I’m sure it looks beautiful at night.” He said quietly, almost to himself.
“I’m sure it does” I sighed. He smiled, and went to look around.
There were three bedrooms, the living room, a combined kitchen and dining room, and two bathrooms. One down the hall, and one in the master bedroom. Kellin went straight there.

He was standing in the middle of the room when I walked in. I stood in the doorway. He was staring at the back wall.
“We could put our bed here.” He said, drawing an invisible square with his finger. “And that way you can see the sunrise in the morning. I know you like that.” I bit my lip. I did like that.
“And the dresser can go here” He said, outlining the area with his hand. I watched him. He was so cute when he got excited. He looked over at me, catching me staring.
“What?” He said. I just smiled.
“You’re just so cute” I said softly. He blushed, and continued to map out the room. I could picture everything he was saying. He had so many ideas already, I would love for him to be able to do everything he wanted. He deserved that much, after everything he’s been through.
“I love it.” I said. He stopped, and looked at me.
“You.. You do?” He said. He was beaming. I nodded.
“But I thought you said we-” I cut him off.
“I said we shouldn’t settle. This wouldn’t be settling. This place is perfect.” He bit his lip, containing his smile.
“You.. you really love it?” He asked. I nodded, walking over to him. I wrapped my arms around him, leaning my head on his shoulder. He hugged me back, kissing the top of my head.
“Do you wanna see the best part?” He whispered. I nodded. He took my hand again and lead me to the master bathroom. Inside was a large, built in jacuzzi tub.
“You could come home and take a hot bath every night, if you wanted.” He said sweetly.
“Or.. you could take one with me” I said. His face turned red, he looked at me.
“There’s.. there’s also that idea.” He said. He looked down. “There’s one more thing I want to show you.” He said quietly. He brought me to the third bedroom.

It was small, and pink. A lace border went around the top near the ceiling. There were small flowers painted on the back wall in many shades of red and pink and purple. I walked around inside.

“Don’t you think it’s a little.. too young for Celine?” I asked. Kellin slowly followed me in. He bit his lip, then shoved his hands into his pockets. His face turned red.
“I.. I wasn’t exactly thinking… Celine would have this room.” He said softly. He rocked back and forth on his heels, still looking at me with those big, blue eyes. I looked around the room again.

This was a nursery.