Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 65.

I was sitting at the table with Celine, coloring with her in her coloring book.
“My brother is gonna be a big star.” She said. I smiled.
“He’s gonna be a huge rockstar” I said. I heard Kellin come around the corner.
“I wouldn’t say that.” He said. I sighed. Always so modest.
“You look cute” I said. His face turned red, he smiled as he picked up his cup of coffee. He sat across from me.
“So, what are you drawing, Cel?” He asked. He picked up the drawing and showed him. It was him with a guitar. He smiled.
“That’s really good. You’re gonna make a great artist one day.” He said. She was beaming. I looked over at him. He looked different. I don’t know what it was. Everything was the same. He was in his usual black t-shirt, with his tight jeans, and grey Toms. But something about him was different. He seemed.. confident now. Confidence looked good on him.
“You ready to go?” He asked. He put his cup in the sink. I nodded, and kissed Celine on the head.
“See you later, Cel.” I said. She waved as we walked out the door.
We got in the car. Kellin was quiet again.
“Are you nervous?” I asked. He bit his lip.
“Probably more nervous than I should be, considering I apparently nailed the audition.” I sighed, gently stroking his hair.
“You’ll be great.” I said. He smiled at me.
When we got back to the venue, it was a lot less packed than the other day. We went in, hand in hand.
“Hey!” one of them called out. He went over to Kellin. “I’m Justin, you talked to me on the phone.” He said, he shook Kellin’s hand.
“Hey, I’m Kellin.” The other guys came over. Justin introduced everyone.
“That’s Gabe, Jack, and Jesse.” He said, pointing out the other members. They all gave a small wave.
I looked up at him. Kellin was beaming. He was excited, and I was happy for him. Everything he wanted was happening for him.
“So, we wanted to start with some songs we’ve been working on, and you’ve got great range, we were hoping we could work on a few of those, and then we’ve got our tour to plan. Now, it’s nothing crazy to start. Just the whole east coast. But, our van only fits five.” He said, he looked over at me.

Five.

Justin was implying, that there wasn’t enough room for anyone else to go, but them. He was implying that Kellin would have to leave me behind.