Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 67.

A few hours later, Kellin called to tell me not to wait up for him, because Jesse would be driving him home. I sighed. That just meant I had to wait even longer for him.
I felt like a lost puppy, aimlessly waiting for their owner to come home. Because without them there, you’re lost. You don’t know what to do with yourself. You don’t know how to spend your time, because it’s always with them.
This got me thinking about how the next two months were going to go. What was I gonna do without Kellin. It would be summer vacation. All summer without him? My body got cold. I never thought I’d be one of those girls, who always had to have her boyfriend around. Who couldn’t go a day without them, when in reality, Kellin wasn’t just my boyfriend. He was everything to me. He was the older, protective brother who would do anything to protect me. He was the boyfriend, who would hold me, and tell me he loves me, and make me feel like the only girl in the world, and he was my best friend; who I could talk to about anything and everything. Who would drop anything to make sure I’m okay. How could I go without that for two months?
I snapped out of it. I had to stop being so selfish. This is what Kellin wanted. He deserved this. I shouldn’t be thinking about myself when he’s finally happy. I knew if I said anything to him, he’d back out instantly, so, I had to keep quiet. I couldn’t tell him how much I’d miss him, how I’d be lost without him, or else he wouldn’t go. He deserved that much. He deserved a chance, and I wasn’t going to be the one who took that away from him.