Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 68.

Kellin’s P.O.V

Two months? Two months away from her? Jesse noticed I wasn’t all there.
“You alright?” He said. I nodded, still staring out the window. “You know, two months will go by faster than you think. There’s almost a show every night. It flies by.” I didn’t have an answer for him. I nodded so he knew I was listening.
“I’m assuming she’s your girlfriend..” He asked. I nodded again, this time looking at him. He was just trying to help. He sighed.
“I plan on purposing to her..” I said quietly. He smiled at me.
“She’ll say yes.” He said. I looked over at him.
“You think so?” I asked. He nodded. “How can you tell?”
“I can tell how she was with you, even from those few minutes. She was attached to your hip. She encouraged you to go. She believes in you, and she trusts you. You won’t find many girls like that anymore.” I smiled. I’d never find anyone else like Jess.
“What about you?” I asked. I didn’t want the conversation to revolve around me. “Do you have a girlfriend?” He nodded, smiling.
“”Her name’s Jenna.” He said. “She comes to practice a lot, you’ll meet her one day.”
He pulled up Jess’ driveway.
“Thanks for the ride.” I said. He looked over at me.
“Hey..” He said “Just.. make these last days with her count. I know it’s gonna hurt you.. when you’re gone. You can always talk to me about it if you want.” I smiled.
“Thanks.” I said. He nodded, then backed out of the drive way. I watched him drive off.
Make these last days count.