Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 69.

The next two days were a blur.

I barely saw Kellin for ten minutes between discussing the details for our new apartment with the landlord, that I would be living in alone for two months, considering Celine would be staying with her aunt. And Kellin’s band practices that ran from the early morning, into the dead of night. I could already see what was happening. I couldn’t even handle these two days without missing him as badly as I did.

These next two months were going to be hell.

It was late. Kellin was leaving in the morning, and I wasn’t even going to get the chance to say goodbye. My heart ached. I felt sick. I never truly knew just how much I needed until this moment. He was my everything. I picked up his sweater. It smelt like him. I pulled it over my head. It was warm, and comforting. Just like him. The tears filled my eyes. I felt like I had a hole in my chest. I curled up into a ball, hiding my face in my pillow, hoping it drowned out the sobs. I needed him. I needed him here. I needed him to hold me. I just wanted him to hold me tight, and tell me everything was going to be okay. This was his dream, why couldn’t I be excited for him? The tears came faster; the sobs louder. How on earth would I handle two months of this? Of loneliness? Suddenly, there was a knock on the window.

It was Kellin.