Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 71.

I quickly shot up. My hair and shirt were sticking to me from the cold sweat. I reached around. My bed was empty. I was alone. My heart dropped. I felt sick. It felt like someone had punched me straight in the chest. The tears came pouring from my eyes.
“Kellin!” I yelled. It was no use. He was gone. The tears fell faster. I looked over on my end table. There was a note. I quickly opened it. It was from Kellin. I knew his hand writing anywhere.

Dear, Jess.
My last night here with you was magical, to say the least. I love you, more than anything. You’re sleeping right now. You’re so beautiful when you sleep. You’re always so beautiful. I’m glad that I could fall asleep, listening to your heart beat one last time. It’s like my own personal lullaby. I also have something for you. I wrote you a song last night after you fell asleep. I expect to play it, and let the world (or, the entire east coast) know how much I love my girl back home. How she’s my one and only; my everything. I hope you like it, and I hope to sing it for you when I get back. I love you with all that I have, Jess. Never forget that.
Love always,
Kellin.

There was another piece of paper attached. The song.

"Hey, I know it hurts to watch me leave
But say it ain’t so, how could you ever replace me?
You’re so shy when you wanna be standing in front of me
Mind spinning in circles, you’re waiting to speak
These hands here in front of me anxiously wait to see
How’s it gonna be?"

My eyes were filled with tears again. I could picture Kellin singing every word.

"Before I go, oh oh oh oh
Let me remind you what you’re waiting for
Before you go, oh oh oh oh
Could you love me just a little bit more?
One more time"

My heart was pounding. I wanted him here. I needed him. I needed him to hold me. I needed his hands; his fingers intertwined in mine. I needed him, kissing my lips, playing with hair. I needed him back.

"Hey, hey darling, its so damn hard to say goodbye
You know I’ll try my hardest, I’ll never change who I am inside
Try so hard and its gotta be standing in front of me
Clothes on the floor, and your eyes are on me
Tonights all we got, keep your arms right here were it should be
Keep ‘em wrapped around me"

I couldn’t read anymore. I missed him. I felt like my heart had been shattered. I wanted Kellin home