Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 76.

The weeks dragged on.
Every night was the same. Endless nightmares, waking up in a panicked, cold sweat, discovering I was still alone.
Every day dragged on the same too. The same feeling of emptiness. The same sadness dragging me down.
But then finally, today was the day.

Tonight I would be reunited with Kellin once again. After two months separated, and he’d finally be back in my arms. I don’t know how I’ll feel when I first see him again. I hope he didn’t change too much. I hope he didn’t change at all.

Later that night, he texted me, telling me to meet him at the beach, the same where we shared our first kiss. My heart was pounding; I smiled. I forgot what it felt like to smile like this. I missed him. I could barely contain myself.
The time finally came to meet him.

When I got there, the place was dark. Except for a dimly lit section on the beach itself. I got closer. There was a blanket sprawled out on the sand, surrounded in candles. I moved closer. Then, from the shadows, I saw a figure. I’d know this figure anywhere; with his long hair blowing in the ocean breeze. He was dressed in a tux. I felt my face burn. He was so handsome. My heart was pounding harder than ever. I couldn’t believe it; he was here again. right in front of me. It took every ounce of me to not run over and attack; to jump into his arms, and never let go. To just kiss him, and tell him how much I missed him, how much I love him.

While I was absorbed in my own thoughts, I came to to see that Kellin was now right in front of me. I couldn’t contain my smile; I was beaming from ear to ear. He was finally home. Finally with me, where he belonged. Then, my heart dropped, along with my jaw.

Kellin slowly went into his pocket.
He was now kneeling in front of me.