Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 77.

It felt like my heart had stopped.
He was on one knee, little black box in hand, staring up at me with the most adorable smile. I felt the tears come back to my eyes. But this time, they were good tears; happy tears. I forgot what that felt like. He gently took my hand.
“Jess..” He said. I couldn’t help but smile. He looked so handsome. His eyes were beautiful in the candle light. Had he set all this up on his own? I looked around. We were the only two here. Here. Where everything started. Where he woke me up early in the morning, to bring me. Where he gently held my face in his hands for the first time, asking me not to laugh at him. Where we both shared our first kiss with each other. There was only one other time I felt fireworks like that with him, and that was a whole different first time shared with him. I took a deep breath.
“Jess.. these passed two months have been hell without you. There were some nights I couldn’t even fall asleep, because you weren’t there with me. There was even a night where I almost couldn’t even get on stage, because I knew you weren’t there.” He sighed. “You are my everything, Jess. And I mean that as literally as possible. You mean everything to me. You’re the love of my life, and my best friend all wrapped into one. I don’t know what I would of done if I never found you. And you were right, if we were meant to be together, two months apart wouldn’t mean anything. But, it did mean something. These two months away from you taught me that I never want to go another day without you. I never want to go another day without your smiling face, or holding your hand, or your kisses goodnight. I love you, Jess.. and you told me that, in order to keep moving with our relationship, I had to put a ring on your finger, so..” He stopped, now opening the box. My heart had stopped again. It was beautiful. Diamonds, everywhere. I covered my mouth to keep my jaw off the floor.

“Kellin.. ohmygod.. this..” He smiled at me, now staring into my eyes.
“Jess..” He said softly “…will you marry me?”