Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 80.

Kellin’s P.O.V

I mind was racing. How could they think it was me? They knew what my father was like. It was obvious it was him. Why was I getting accused of this? I thought all of this was finally behind me?
“Kellin.. it.. everything’s gonna be okay. You’ll just go down tomorrow.. and they’ll see that you didn’t do it.” She bit her lip. Her eyes were scared, but I appreciated her trying to be brave for me. I kissed her forehead. She was right. I was innocent. I had nothing to hide. I was going to be fine.
Then again, tons of innocent people got locked up every day? What if there was no evidence against my dad? What if they had something on me? I thought it over. I tried my best to block out that day from my memory. I tried recalling everything that had happened.
I heart dropped. I had touched her before I left. They probably have my fingerprints, that’s how they’re blaming me. My father was probably paying off some big shot lawyer to make it seem like I did it. That wasn’t fair. I was innocent. I didn’t do anything. I couldn’t afford a lawyer. My head was spinning. I felt light headed.
“Kellin, are you okay?” Jess said, she gently put her hand on my forehead. “I feel sick..” I said. She sighed, gently taking off my coat and tie. She unbuttoned my shirt for me. I lied back. She cuddled up next to me.
“Everything is going to be okay, Kellin. I promise. You’re gonna be fine.” She gently took my hand, holding it in hers. She kissed it, then leaned up, kissing me on the cheek. I look down at her. I needed to be positive for her. She was scared enough for me.
“You know what the best part about being home is?” I said. She looked up at me.
“What?” She asked, her eyes hopeful.
“Sleeping in my own bed.” I sighed. She smiled, now wrapping her arm around me. If I was happy about one thing, it was that I was finally home with her.