Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 82.

Kellin’s P.O.V

We walked in. The air was cold. The room was quiet. I was hoping no one could hear my obnoxiously loud heart beat. Except Jess. I knew she could hear. She could always hear. She gripped my hand tighter. I felt somewhat better.
From one of the hallway doors, out walked a woman. She was in a dark blue pant suit. Her hair was a dirty blonde, frizzy, and her lipstick was a bright red. She had a glare in her eyes. Obviously my father’s lawyer.
“They’ll see you now.” She said to me. Her voice stayed stern. I sighed. Jess gently kissed me on the cheek before I got up.
“You’ll be fine.” She whispered. “Just be honest.” I looked at her. She smiled at me. I gently let go of her hand. My body got cold again. I followed the strange woman into another room. Everyone stared at me. Including my father. He knew right away I wouldn’t hesitate to sell him out. I sat down in a padded chair, across from him, and 3 other men in suits. My heart was beating faster. I clenched onto the chair.
It was colder in this room than outside. I guess I wouldn’t have to worry about my sweating habit.
“What exactly am I here for..” I said quietly. My father’s lawyer glared at me.
“You’re being charged with the murder of your mother.” My heart stopped. I was being charged? I thought I was only being brought in for questioning.
“That’s ridiculous.” I snapped. “He did it, and he knows it!” I was pointing at my father now. I voice had gotten louder. He was glaring at me. Everyone else in the room was calm. I could feel the tears in my eyes. This always happened when I was angry. My face was burning, my heart was pounding. This wasn’t fair.

“You have no evidence!” I yelled. My father’s lawyer slightly raised her hand.
“Actually, Kellin, we do.” She placed a folder on the table. I reached over to look at it.
There were notes, pictures of my finger prints, pictures of my mother. My heart dropped. Everything was here.

Everything in this folder could get me locked up for life.