Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 83.

Kellin’s P.O.V
I couldn’t believe it. In front of a jury, they would lock me up right on the spot. I felt my heart beat faster. I just needed a break.
“Can.. Can I take a bathroom break?” I asked. The scary, blonde lawyer nodded. I quickly got up and went into the hallway. I went over to Jess. She got up.
“Kellin, what ha-” I hugged her. I grabbed her tight, hiding my face in her neck. She eventually hugged me back. She didn’t question anything. She just held me. Just like I needed. I backed away. She saw it in my eyes.
“Kellin, what happened?” She asked. I sighed, running my hands through my hair.
“They could lock me up today if the jury agreed to it.” I said quietly. Her face dropped.
“Kellin, what do you mean?! How.. but.. but you didn’t do anything! Kellin I..” Her eyes were tearing up. This made me feel like I was being punched in the chest. I couldn’t leave her again. Not after how she was when I was on tour, or what Taylor tried to pull with her. I couldn’t go away again. I definitely couldn’t go to prison. Especially for something I didn’t do.
“They.. they somehow have evidence that I did it.. it’s all there.” I said. I sat down, hiding my face in my hands. She sat close.
“Kellin..” she said. I didn’t have to look up. She was crying. I couldn’t look up. I couldn’t face her like that.
“We.. We could get you a good lawyer..” She said. “I.. I can see how much money I have..” She stopped herself. She knew it was no use.
“Baby..” She was trying to hold in her tears. I heard her voice crack; breaking my heart with each word.
“Kellin, we need you back in here.” It was my dad’s lawyer. I sighed, getting back up. Jess grabbed my hand. I looked back at her.
“Please just.. try..” She said. I bit my lip.
“I’ll try..” I said. She wiped her tears away, now looking down. She gently held her stomach. Something was up.
“Are.. are you okay?” I asked. She nodded, and looked up at me, rubbing her stomach now.

“I just.. I really need you home. You can’t leave me again.”