Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 85.

I was staring at him. His face was blank, and his eyes wide. His beautiful blue eyes. The same I picture on our beautiful baby girl.
“You.. you’re pregnant?” He said quietly. He looked down.
“I might be, I’m.. I’m not sure.. but..” He looked up. He was smiling.
“…wow” He sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair. “Wow..” He covered his mouth, still smiling. I bit my lip.
“I can’t believe this..” He said. He picked me up, holding my close.
“You’re.. you’re taking this.. a lot better than I thought you would.” He leaned his forehead against mine.
“I.. I might be a dad.. I.. can’t believe this.” He pulled me close, kissing me on the lips. He was ecstatic.
“And you think we can raise kid? Right out of high school?” I asked.
“We could..” He said. “Maybe not most people, but we could.” He was staring at me now. He gently touched my stomach.
“You won’t be able to feel anything yet..” I said. He didn’t move away.
“I.. I can’t believe this..” He said. I couldn’t help but smile. His excitement was contagious.

“Now, I don’t know for sure..” I said “Don’t get so excited.” He was beaming.
“When can we find out? How can we know?” He was shooting me with questions.
“Well, first, we should wait and see if you’re even going to be with me for the next fifteen years..” I said quietly. His face dropped.

Now he realized. There was no way he could leave.