Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 86.

Kellin told me to stay home today. He was already taking on the role as “daddy.” He said he didn’t want me stressing out.
But, being home, all I did was worry. What if they locked him up? I felt sick. I barely thought I could raise a kid with him, let alone with him locked up. All I could do now is wait.
A few hours went by, still I didn’t hear from him. I was starting to think I’d never hear from him. I lied in bed, clenching my pillow. I needed him here. I was scared enough as it was.
Finally, the phone rang. I jumped. It was him.
“Kellin!” I said. “Kellin, what happened, what did they say?” I heard him sigh.
“Kellin? Is everything okay?”
“Everything’s fine, Jess.” He said softly. I could tell by the tone of his voice, he was smiling. “I get to come home.”
My heart jumped. He was coming home. They found him innocent.

“Y-you are? W-what happened? What did they say?” I heard him laugh. He always laughed when I got worked up.
“It was something about my father’s fingerprints. I stopped listening after they told me I was innocent.” He giggled. I sighed.
“When are you coming home?” I asked.
“Soon.” He said “And then we can go to the doctor.”
He was so excited. I could tell he was ready to be a father. Especially after today. He knew he’d be a better father than his father was. I think he wanted to prove it to himself. And, knowing he was ready, made me feel a little bit better about it.
And at first, I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the idea. But after seeing how happy it made Kellin, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad after all