Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 88.

Kellin grabbed my hand as we walked in. He tightly intertwined our fingers and walked as closely to me as possible. I enjoyed how comforting he was. He walked right up to the counter; he was like a little kid himself. So excited, so eager.
“Hi..” He said “appointment for Quinn?” I blushed. I had never been addressed by his last name before. I liked it. Even though we weren’t married yet, Kellin talked about us like we were. And after all, we were having a child together.
The receptionist smiled.
“Room 4A, right down the hall, sweetie.” She looked at me and smiled as well. Kellin took my hand, pulling me towards the room.
“The baby will be there” I laughed “There’s no need to rush.” He smiled, staying at his same pace.
He helped me into the office chair, still holding my hand. He was going to be a great dad.
The doctor came in, giving us a strange look. My guess because of how young we looked. But that didn’t matter. We had our own place, and we had ways of providing. There was nothing wrong with how young we were.
The whole testing process was a blur. I wasn’t able to concentrate. I kept focusing on Kellin, who stayed smiling the entire time. He made my heart beat faster and faster..
The doctor came back in, clip board in hand. Kellin squeezed my hand tighter. You would think we was the one with the baby. The doctor looked up, giving me the same eyes Kellin. I felt my body go cold.
“I have bad news..” The doctor said. Kellin glared at him, like it was at all his fault.
“What is it.” Kellin asked.

“I’m sorry to say, you’re not pregnant. You’re.. infertile. You actually can’t get pregnant. I’m so sorry.”