Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 9.

I looked back up at him. He was smiling, playing with my hair.
“You’re so..” I started. I sighed.
“I’m so what?” He said, now giggling.
“Nothing.” He pushed the hair back out of my face. I lay back onto his bed.
He lays closely next to me, leaning his head on his hand, looking down at me.
“You know..” I say “You really should get some work done. You do want to graduate, right?” He laughs.
“I’ll be fiiiiiiiineeeeee.” He says. He’s now running his fingers up and down my arm. The goosebumps come back.
“You know you’re doing a lot of looking today too.” I say. He blushes and finally looks away.
“I am not.” He mumbles. God, he was so cute.
I gently tilted his chin back up like he did before. He understood, and stared back into my eyes.
I swear I could stare into his eyes forever. He gently moved closer, kissing me again on the forehead. Then slowly moving down, kissing me on the temple, and on the cheek. My heart was beat faster. He then stops right before my lips and looks at me again. I sigh.
“Really?” I ask. He giggled.
“What?” He said. I pushed the hair out of his face to see both bright blue eyes, just inches away, staring into mine. He was so close, I could feel him breathing onto my face. He was so beautiful; I never wanted this moment to end.

“Jess..” He says. “You don’t want to kiss me.” God, could he be more wrong.
“There are so many great guys out there.. So many guys that could give you the world, I can’t give you much.” He moved away and was sitting up now. I sat up, and sat close to him.
“Kellin..” He looked over.
“Jess.. believe me.. I want to kiss you. I want you to be my first kiss. And I want to feel those fireworks everyone talks about, and I know I will.. with you..” I bite my lip.
“Then.. I don’t see the problem.” I say.
He sighs, gently touching my cheek.
“I just don’t want you to be disappointed when you see that I’m not what you want.”
“But you are.” I blurt out. My face burns. Did I really just say that?
“W-what?” He says. He smiles a little, and his face starts turning red too. I can’t help but look down.
”..You are what I want.” He gently tilts up my chin again, and stares back into my eyes.

“Kellin!” He jumps. It’s his mom again. Of course. He sighs.
“When the time’s right..” He says, gently kissing my cheek.
“It’ll be perfect.”