Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 90.

Kellin gently helped me up. My legs were weak, my eyes still stinging. He gently cradled me into his arms.
“Come on..” He whispered “We’re going home.” I clung tightly onto his neck, hiding my face in his chest.
Why was I more upset about this than he was? Or so it seemed. Kellin was the one who was so excited for a baby girl, and now I’m the one crying my eyes out.
When we got home, he opened my door. He looked at me, with my running makeup, blotchy face, and running nose. He sighed, gently picking me up out from the car, holding me close. He carried me up to our bedroom, gently placing me on the bed. I looked up at him. His face looked tired, sad. He just looked broken.
“I’m sorry..” I whispered. He crawled onto the bed, leaning over me, gently tangling his fingers in my hair. He pushed any stray hairs off my face.
“Jess..” He said quietly “It’s not your fault.” He gently kissed my lips. I clung to him. “It’s not your fault at all. There was no way you had any control over this, please.. don’t blame yourself.”
“I can’t have kids..” I whispered. He bit his lip. “So it’s my fault that we can’t have a daughter. It’s my fault. I’m taking that away from you.” He kissed me again. I sighed, looking back up.
“Whatever is meant to happen, will happen.” He said. I stared into his eyes. So blue, so beautiful.
“I’d understand if you didn’t want to be with me.” I sighed. He smiled. “Jess, I wouldn’t want a kid with anyone else..” He said. “I don’t want to be with anyone else. You’re all I want, and if this is something we have to face together, than so be it. We’re getting married. And sometimes couples have things they have to deal with. They don’t leave, they help each other, they’re there for each other, just like I’ll always be here for you.”
I bit my lip. He was so beautiful. Inside and out.
“So, when are we having this wedding?” I asked. He smiled.