Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 97.

He looked at me, his face confused.
“Jess.. I-” I cut him off.
“Kellin, I.. I just can’t see other girls be that way around you. It was hard enough at the audition. I just don’t think it’s a good idea for me to be there.” He moved away, as if taken back.
“So.. so you’re not gonna come with me?” He asked. I bit my lip.
“Jess, you promised me you would always be there for me.. that day at the beach.. you told me..” I sighed.
“I know what I said, Kellin, I just.. It would just..”
“It would just what?” He snapped. His tone changed. He was angry now. Angry? What on earth did he have to be angry about? I thought he would understand where I was coming from.
“It would hurt, okay! I would get jealous of them! It would bother me that they’d think of you as a sex-symbol rock star. It would bother me, okay!” He scrunched up his face, his cheeks turning bright red.
“You’re being ridiculous, Jess!” He yelled. My body went cold. He’s never yelled at me before. My eyes went wide. He didn’t stop there.
“You’re being ridiculous, and you’re being selfish. So what, I sing to a few girls every night. So what if they think of me that way, it comes with this, that’s what happens! I don’t understand why you’re getting like this! So what, there will be beautiful girls around, it won’t matter!” I was speechless. My legs were shaking, and I had to keep my self from crying. I bit down hard on my lip. I looked over. Jesse and Justin were watching from the building.
“I can’t believe you’re gonna give up on me, just because I’m gonna get attention from girls!” He yelled. I shut my eyes.
“Kellin, stop..” I said quietly. I felt my face get red. I was embarrassed he was still yelling at me in front of them, but of course he didn’t know they were there.
“No!” He yelled “You’re bailing on me!” I looked up at him.
“Kellin, no I’m not.” I said softly. The tears were forming. I didn’t want to fight with him. I hated fighting with him. I gently took his hand. He quickly pulled it away. What was wrong with him?
“Jess, if you seriously think I’m going to do anything on tour with any of those girls, how can you honestly say that you trust me?” He snapped.
“Kellin, I trust you, I just-” He cut me off.
“No. No you don’t. Or else this wouldn’t be a problem!”
“Kellin, please, just.. just try to understand what I’m saying, I-“
“You know, if you don’t trust me, after everything we’ve been through, maybe I don’t want you there.” He said.
I felt my heart break.
“Wh-what?” I said. My felt like I was gonna throw up. The tears were pouring from my eyes. I quickly tried to wipe them away as they fell. Eventually I gave up. He didn’t want me there? What was he saying? Who was this? Because it wasn’t Kellin. It wasn’t the guy who I wanted to marry just this morning. I couldn’t bring myself to speak. The fury was building up inside me, and I wanted to break down and cry. I literally felt my heart shatter inside my chest.
“Fine..” I said. The anger grew. “Find someone else to bring!”
I took of my ring, throwing it onto the ground, before I drove off. Alone.