Status: One-Shot

First Christmas

One.

The snow is falling in thick flurries just outside the window to your right. As cold as it looks out in the dark grey, drury world out that same exact window, you feel nothing but warmth. The fire is blazing in front of you, there is a warm cup of hot chocolate clasps in your hands, and your dog is currently curled up at your feet, enjoying the fire as well. The television above the fireplace is on and you smile as you watch your boyfriend of five years dance around the choir room during the new season’s Christmas special.

This was the first Christmas that you and Darren would have been spending together in your home town. But right now, he was in the other room doing some kind of phone interview for some magazine. As you sip the remaints of the hot chocolate from the mug, you feel Darren come into the room from the entrance behind you.

“Are you really watching this again?” Even without turning to see him, you can hear the smile in his voice.

“What? That Blaine character is too adorable to pass up when his goofy face pops up on the DVR picture preview of the episode.” You shoot back with a smile as he comes to stand behind you, resting his hands on your shoulders.

Darren’s hearty laughter fills the living room, warming you on the inside just as his warm hands are warming your chilled skin on the outside. “Now, I know you told me you were perfectly warm when I left fifteen minutes ago.”

“I get cold easily.” You shrug, your eyes follow Darren as he walks around the couch, stepping over your dog, and sitting down next to you. Before leaning back, he pulls his pullover hoodie off and drapes it over your lap. Picking it up, you hand him the now empty mug and holds up the navy blue fleece. “Your Michigan hoodie?”

He just nods and offers you a smile after setting the mug on the coffee table to the right of the couch before leaning back and laying an arm along the back of the couch. “You need it more than I do.” His honey eyes reflecting the warm colors of the fire in front of him.

Quickly pulling the hoodie on, you can’t help but bring the collar to your nose in order to breathe in his intoxicating spicy, Earthy scent. “Thank you.” You scoot closer to him, putting the blanket you have circled around your thighs around his legs.

The arm slung over the back of the couch comes to wrap around you, holding you close to him. “You’re more than welcome.” He kisses the top of your head and you can feel the smile on his lips. “I love you.”

Laying your head on his broad chest, you wrap an arm around his waist and snuggle closer into his natural warmth. “I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
As I said in the summary...

I have a sick obsession/fascination with Darren in his Michigan shirts so I decided to write this.

Also, based off of a dream I had last night.