Plastic Flowers

Chapter 1; part one

Some find that at times life can be a pain in the ass, but in my case it always has been a pain in the toes. My days consisted of non stop jumping and trying to catch the rhythm quick enough to the beat of the music. The best parts are the back aches, chipped toe nails, and having to hear constant shouting and lecturing in your ears. The fun just never ends! And neither do the haunting thoughts of the different flaws you find at your lessons, not to mention.

"Urgh, just put me out of this misery!" I bury my face into the magazine that I was reading. I let myself curl up on to the couch, dropping the magazine on to the floor. It revealed a page where they featured a pianist whose debut concert sold out worldwide. What an accomplishment. How many of us actually made it that far and having your own first public concert being sold out.

"Art is the most beautiful deception of all. And although people try to incorporate the everyday events of life in it, we must hope that it will remain a deception lest it become a utilitarian thing, sad as a factory." — Claude Debussy

The quote catches my eyes but it didn't seem intriguing enough for me to read the article.
"Oh." It's the only word my mouth could form. I pick up the magazine to close it and toss it on the coffee table. I make myself a cup of Earl Grey, head to my room and swing around the office chair I got as a Christmas gift a couple of years back. I figure deleting all the junk from my email was a better time waster than dwelling over pretty models in magazines. I sighed thinking about wearing all the best designer brands and walking down the runaway in gorgeous heels decorated with the most expensive jewelry. A girl can dream, there's no harm in that. As I scroll through my inbox my phone buzzes loudly on the table making this irritable noise which makes it extra harder to simply just ignore.

"Helloooo."

"Adri!!" I know this voice. I know this voice. "It's Laurette."

I knew it!

I cleared my throat. "Yes?"

"You need to come here right now." She doesn't sound very enthusiastic as she usually does.

"Can I ask why?"

"Wait, wait, no, no. You'll see. You'll see."

"But Laurette, then what did you call for?"

"I'm so sorry Adri, did I catch you at a bad time?"

"No, not really it's fine. "

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'll explain everything later... Uhh just come to my office at the studio ASAP."

"Mmkay. See you later."

I grab my coat and head to her office, which is about a 45-min walk but conveniently by transit it doesn't take too long. I press the five digit pin code to enter the building and shiver when I get in. It was pretty chilly outside for early September but I guess it was just the autumn creeping up around the corner. I don't even get the chance to knock because the moment Laurette sees me she spills her guts out. Her words pushes me to floor as I put my hand around my mouth in gasp.
Laurette gets me a glass of water and helps me up.

"I'm speechless."
♠ ♠ ♠
Right now it's late at night and I probably will have mistakes here and there, I am only human. ): I'll edit later but if there any, feel free to comment. Thanks.

Don't worry I'm probably gonna write more.