Status: Active! :)

Obscure Reality

Chapter Two

I brushed off the incident at school and continued on with my daily routine. After lunch I attended AP English, AP Science, Debate, and Cheer Practice. I then headed home to write a comparative essay on love and infatuation between two tragic romances. I scribbled furiously, jotting down facts and supporting details on Cleopatra and Mark Antony, and Romeo and Juliet. Thought raced through my head and piles of notes began to stack up, some balled into wads and tossed on the floor. I scanned through and began on my draft.

I was halfway through my second paragraph when my vision began to blur around the edges and I blinked in an effort to clear it up. Stella. I perked my head up and scanned around my dimly lit room. Slowly, I stood, gripping my pen tighter as if to use it as a weapon. "Who's there?" I called out. "Show yourself." I inched toward the wall to glide along to my nightstand for my pocket knife. Someone knocked at my bedroom door. "Stella!" I bolted for my nightstand and retrieved the smooth blue bone handled knife, flipped it open, and held it out in a quick jabbing position. I backed myself into a corner. Another knock. "STELLA." The door flew open to reveal....my dad. He knitted his eyebrows and slowly lifted his hands. I dropped my knife, my hands shaking, and I slid down the wall. My father flew over and knelt down beside me. He put his arms around me. "Stella, sweetheart, " He cooed. I met his gaze with tears in my eyes. "What's going on?" I whispered.

And for a split second, I thought I saw an eerie smile creep along his face. It was....sinister. I shot out of his arms and leaped over the bed. He rose to his feet quickly. "Stay away." I commanded. He tilted his head in confusion. "What do you want?" I whispered. "Dinner's ready." He stated bluntly while walking out of the room as if nothing never happened. I followed him with my eyes until he disappeared down the hallway. My breath escaped in one huge rush and my body collapsed onto my bed. I rubbed my face with my hands. Just breathe Stella Lowe...Just breathe. I nodded, got up, and began making my way into the kitchen. My mother leaned over the table as placed the bowl of rolls in the center. Her long brown curls hanging over her face like a silk curtain.

"Mom?" She looked up with a smile. We kept a silent eye contact for a long moment. She frowned, "What's wrong honey?" I rubbed the back of my head. I hated lying to her. "I'm not very hungry."She stared me down for a good long minute before nodding her head in acceptance and continuing on with what she was doing. I think I'll just sleep it off, I thought to myself as I headed back to my room. My paper isn't due until Friday. I'll be fine. I locked the door behind me, climbed into bed, and flipped off my lights.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okaayy...Soo, soooo, sooooo SORRY!
Last minute breakthrough. Will be updating soon. Thankfully.
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend, and all that JAZZ.

With much Love,
TSK