‹ Prequel: Makorra

Admit It, You Like Me

Jealous

Admit It, You Like Me Part 3: Jealous
WEEEEEE~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Okay, this chapter starts off exactly where I left off in Admit it, You Like Me Part 2: Face the Crowd. Korra joins the task force, and challenges Amon, while Mako is busy being in love with Asami. When Korra suspects that Hiroshi Sato is working with Amon, Mako calls her out as being jealous. So what now?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Mako’s POV:
“Hey Bo, no Korra again today?” the earth bender said as he entered the training room, that was part of the Pro Bending Arena.
“Doesn’t look like it.” Mako said to him, folding up a new paper while he let out a long sigh, “That girl, I swear, why is she even on the team if she doesn’t bother to show up to practice?”
“Look bro, take it easy on Korra, she’s going through a lot. You saw her at Tarrlock’s party; you saw how the reporters attacked her, she as forced into joining the task force. I know you two don’t get along, but at least think about it from her point of view.” Bolin said to his brother as he started lifting weights. Mako was taken aback by his brother’s sudden response. He knew that Korra was going through a lot, and he did care. He cared a lot about that reckless, hot headed girl. He thought back to the night of the party, her blues eyes wide as she looked at him and Asami, there was something in her eyes that wasn’t normal. Her oceanic eyes weren’t full of the burning passion that they usually were filled with. Instead her eyes looked……empty. “Really? Because I haven’t heard anything about you at all….” He remembered how strange she acted, suddenly excusing herself after saying those words. Something in him knew that she wasn’t okay. Mako thought to himself as he started lifting weights with Bolin. He remembered how Korra looked when he saw her again, standing next to Tarrlock at the top of the staircase. He remembered how she had looked at him, her eyes were empty. The reporters were questioning her and she seemed frozen like stone. All he wanted to do at that moment was run up and take Korra away from there. But then he remembered who was on his arm, Asami, she was beautiful, and stunning, and everything he could ever want in a girl. She was the complete opposite of Korra, they never argued, and Asami was gentle and poise, unlike Korra. But when Korra all of a sudden blurted out that she would join the Task Force, Mako’s mouth dropped. He couldn’t imagine Korra going out to look for the man that wanted to take away her bending. No matter how strong Korra was, Mako didn’t know if she was strong enough. All he wanted to do was protect her.
Mako shook his head. Why was he thinking about Korra right now? He had a date with Asami in an hour. Shouldn’t he be thinking about Asami? Ever since Korra had impulsively kissed him, Mako couldn’t keep his mind from slowly drifting back to thoughts of Korra. But he had to stop. He thought about Asami, how beautiful she was, and how generous she was for having her father sponsor the Fire Ferrets. Asami was everything Mako could wish for.
“Hey Bo, I’m gonna call it quits for tonight.” He said as he started to take off his practice gear.
“See ya later bro. Hey bring some food home will you!!” He called after his brother who had started to walk out the door.
“Okay I will.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Korra’s POV
“Damn. I missed practice again. I’ll have to apologize to Bolin and Mako.” Korra thought to herself as she stood in the alleyway with Tarrlock and the rest of his task force. Korra had missed the last three days of practice because she was busy helping the task force. She sighed trying to clear her head. On Tarrlock’s command they busted into the building that held the secret Chi-blocker training camp. The chi-blockers ran at them full force, the task force fighting back. Korra chased after two chi-blockers, she tripped over a wire, and a chi-blocker in uniform fell from the ceiling above her, Korra bent a block of earth at the chi-blocker, stumbling backwards as another chi-blocker attacked her from behind. But they were stopped and all of a sudden encased in ice.
“Nice timing, thanks Tarrlock.” Korra said in relief.
“We make a good team.” He said to her
“Yeah we do.” She replied folding her arms across her chest.
Korra’s face had been plastered of every new paper in town. She didn’t mind the attention, she finally felt that the citizens of Republic City could see that she wasn’t a lousy Avatar, and that she was trying to help in the fight to defeat Amon.
Korra took a deep breath as her and Tarrlock walked towards the podium that was positioned in front of a room filled with reporters. This time Korra was ready for the press conference, unlike a couple of days ago when Tarrlock had surprised her at the party, and this time, there were no gold eyes watching her. Where was Mako now? She thought to herself….He was probably with Asami…what were they doing? Where they holding hands? Where they….kissing? Korra shook her head. Not this again, “Korra, focus.” She reminded herself.
“Avatar Korra has bravely answered the call to action.” Tarrlock announced over the microphone. “With the two of us taking charge, Republic City had nothing to fear from Amon and the Equalists.” He said proudly.
“Question for the Avatar! Amon remains at large, so why have you failed to locate him?”
Korra walked up to the mic, without hesitation she replied, “you know why? Because Amon is hiding in the shadows LIKE A COWARD.” She grabbed the mic, “AMON I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL, NO TASK FORCE, NO CHI-BLOCKERS, JUST THE TWO OF US. TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT ON AVATAR AANG MEMORIAL ISLAND. LET’S CUT TO THE CHASE, AND SETTLE THIS THING. IF YOU’RE MAN ENOUGH TO FACE ME.” Korra dropped the mic, and walked off the podium, causing the reporters to all start chattering, asking more questions.
That night Korra walked to the dock and got into a boat, Tarrlock and some members of the task force watched her as she untied the boat from the dock. Tenzin flew in on his glider trying to stop her.
“Korra this is madness!” Tenzin said to her his voice on the edge of rage.
“Don’t try to stop me, and don’t follow me! I have to face Amon alone.” Her voice became quiet when she said Amon’s name. Alone…. Korra thought. Yes, I am alone. I am the Avatar, this is what you’ve been training for Korra. She tried to remind herself, she was used to being alone, and she knew that she had to take down Amon. Now.
She used her waterbending to send her boat forward towards Avatar Aang Memorial Island, the voices of Tarrlock and Tenzin fading as she sped away.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The clock struck midnight as Korra sat on Avatar Aang Memorial Island, she kept her guard up. Waiting for Amon to arrive. She sat and waited as the clock passed midnight, more time passed.
“I guess you’re a no show Amon, who scared now?” Korra said with a smirk. She yawned as she started to walk back to her boat. All of a sudden something flew out of the darkness at tied her legs together, and knocked her to the ground. She was pulled into the dark memorial building, she used her firebending to burn the restraint off her legs, the flame showed a circle of Chi-blockers standing around her, the figures surrounded her, and she tried to use her bending to fight her way out. Suddenly her hand were restrained and Chi-blockers attacked her, sending jabs to her back causing her to black out.
Korra regained consciousness, and she saw the masked man above her emerging from the darkness, “I received your invitation young Avatar,” He said as he extended his hand towards her face. This was worse than any nightmare Korra could ever have. She closed her eyes, waiting for him to take her bending. He grabbed her chin, “Our showdown while inevitable, is premature, although it would be the simplest think for me to take away your bending right now. I won’t. You’d only become a myrtyr….I assure you I have a plan, and I’m saving you for last.” His words hung in the air. She stared at him, her blue eyes wide. “…then you’ll get your duel, and I will destroy you.” He finished. He stood, then hit her with a quick punch to her shoulder, Korra’s vision blurred before she fell onto the ground losing consciousness.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
END.