‹ Prequel: Makorra

Admit It, You Like Me

Hurt

Admit It, You Like Me Part 4: Hurt
WEEEEE~~~~~
Sooooo I’ve been found out by one of my friends ohhhh noooo! I wanted to keep my deviantart a secret, but oh welllsssies, still going to right this story because I’m awesome-sauce!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Summary: Leaving off of Chapter 3, Korra wakes up after being attacked by Amon and the Equalists. Korra comes back to Mako and Bolin just to be scolded by Mako for her reckless behavior.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sad face…. Oh well, So here weeee goooo! So I’m kind of deviating from the show, but I hope you don’t hate me for it! Well leave me comments and tell me what you think.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Korra’s vision slowly returned to her, the images around her blurry, she slowly sat up as pain rippled through her head and upper body.
Amon…. Korra thought, but no one was there. She heard footsteps coming towards her and fear overtook her. A figure walked towards her, and Korra was afraid, her bending still not back, she was left defenseless. She started to recognize the familiar orange and yellow color of the air nomad robes and a face that faintly reminiscent of her past lives, “Korra!” he called
“Tenzin!” Korra said. Ignoring the pain, Korra got up and ran towards her air bending master. She no longer cared about putting up a tough front, she collapsed into his arms and cried. All the built up fear and hurt finally exploded, and all Korra could do was cry. Tenzin brought Korra back to Air Temple Island, and Pema escorted her to her room, tucking her into her bed, and she slowly drifted to sleep, with tears running down her cheeks.
* * * *
“Koooooooooorrrraaaa, Korra! Korra! Korra!!!” Ikki said standing next to the Avatars bed, poking her in the forehead.
“Maybe she’s dead!!!!!” Meelo said, using his airbending to fly around the room, frantically screaming, “KORRA’S DEAD!!!! KORRA! KORRA! KORRA! KORRA!!!!” flapping his arms, he lost control, plopping down on Korra’s stomach. She awoke with a huff, the wind being knocked out of her. Jinora stood by the door rolling her eyes, “She’s obviously not dead Meelo, but you probably just killed her.” Korra lifted Meelo off of her abdomen, and placed him on the bed next to her, her body felt sore. She was finally fully awake, and looked at the three airbending children infront of her. “What’s wrong?” She asked them.
“We heard Mommy and Daddy talking, the Pro-Bending stadium is gone.” Ikki said.
“What!” Korra didn’t know if she was still dreaming, her head began to pound as she remembered the events of her meeting with Amon. Meelo got into Korra’s face, eyes wide, “Yeah! The Equalists ruined it! We heard it on the radio last night, the Equalists we’re all like BOOM! And then there was an explosion….” Meelo incoherently started babbling as he started fighting the air, reenacting what he had heard on the radio. Korra got up from her bead and ran to Tenzin who was meditating in the gazebo. “TENZIN! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PRO-BENDING STADUIM!” Korra practically yelled at him. He did not move an inch, still meditating. Frustrated Korra went over and shook him. “Korra!” Tenzin angrily growled at her. “What happened!” Korra pleaded him to tell her. “You’re still not well go back to bed, don’t worry about this.” Tenzin calmly said to her. “Tenzin please tell me.” Korra’s blue eyes widened. “While you were at Avatar Aang Memorial, Equalists attacked the stadium, ruining most of it. Lin and the police force fought them and managed to capture most of them.” He explained to her. “Mako and Bolin! Are they okay?” Her mind instantly went to the two brothers remembering their apartment located above the stadium. “Yes Korra, they’re alright.” He said to her. “I need to go check on them.” Korra said as she printed away. “Korra! You need to rest!” He tried to call after her but it was too late she had already jumped into Yue Bay and was swimming towards Republic City.
Korra arrived at the stadium in a few minutes, she ran up to the stadium seeing the roof had collapsed inside, but thankfully the brother’s apartment still stood. She ran up the stairs, and stuck her head through the trap door that served as an entry way into their apartment.
“Bolin!” she said in relief as she saw the earthbender packing his clothes into his suitcase. He ran up to her giving her a tight hug, picking her up off the ground, as she winced in pain. “Korra! I’m so glad you’re okay!” He said in relief. Mako entered the room, and eyed her, something was off about him. “Mako what’s wrong?” She asked as Bolin released her, pain filled her body again as he set her on the ground. “What’s wrong? I should be asking you that? Korra, what’s wrong with your head!” He walked towards her and got into her face. “What’s your problem!” She looked at him confused. “Do you want to die Korra! Obviously you do, running after Amon.” He accused. Still confused Korra looked into his angry eyes, “It’s my duty as the Avatar, Mako. It’s my duty to Republic City!” Bolin looked at the two of them confused. Korra turned to walk away from his accusations, but Mako grabbed her by her arm, Korra winced more as she was still bruised. “Korra! You’re an idiot!” Korra couldn’t speak; anger filled her, “Look Mako! If I die, I die! It’s my duty!” he released her, “Fine then! Go die! See if I care!” His words shocked her. She felt as if she’d been stabbed in the heart.
Asami walked out of Mako’s room obviously unaware of what had just gone down. “Mako sweetie I packed all of your- Oh, hi Korra.” She said to the Avatar smiling. Korra’s heart hurt even more at the sight of the beautiful girl. Asami held Mako’s scarf in her hand, Mako never let anyone touch his red scarf, she herself had gotten scolded by him, for trying to grab his scarf. Korra cleared her throat, “ H-hello Asami.” She tried to smile, hoping that it came across as genuine. Aasmi walked over to Mako, and he placed his arm around her waist. Bolin seeing Korra’s agonized stare slung his arm over her shoulder, “We’re going to be living at Asami’s masion! Isn’t that great!” Korra couldn’t believe how bad the day had already been. “Yes.” Is all she could manage to let out. “It’s a good thing Mako and Asami were out on a date, and I was out with Pabu, or else we could’ve been caught in this messs.” Boling tried to remove his hand from its place, but his jacket snagged to her parka knocking it to the floor exposing her arms covered in bluish-black bruises. The three pair of eyes looked at her. “The Equalists kind of got to me…..before Amon showed up…” Korra couldn’t meet their gaze, as she bent over and picked up her parka. Bolin was shocked, “Korra! You met up with Amon?” Bolin questioned her. Asami looked at Mako then at Korra with wary eyes, “Mako I told you we should’ve went home when we heard the news on the radio.” Korra couldn’t believe her ears, Mako knew she was going to face Amon, of course he didn’t come after her, and he was too busy with Asami.
Mako looked at Korra. “I didn’t think she’d actually go after him….” She couldn’t stand it. “Sorry I wasn’t here to stop the Equalists and save your home,” she bowed to all of them, “I’m fine really, but I have to get back, Tenzin didn’t want me to leave.” She said as she exited through the door she had entered through. Mako felt pain in his chest as he saw the bruises on Korra’s arms, remembering how he had grabbed her and how she had winced. Korra was running tears filling her eyes, he knew….he knew I had challenged Amon. Yet he didn’t even try to stop me… “Fine then! Go die! See if I care!” the words burned in her mind as she jumped into the bay swimming back to Air Temple Island. She walked to her room, and just curled up under her sheets not feeling, just hurting
Mako didn’t like me back….he never would….she couldn’t compare to Asami….She had everything. Now her and Mako were going to be living under the same roof. He cared for Asami, if Asami would’ve ran off to face Amon, he would’ve wisked her away as if she was a princess. But he had told Korra off… From this point on, she told herself. Mako means nothing to me.
She lied to herself, hoping that if she said it enough it would become true.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys like it.