Status: VERY active

Fix You

Fifteen

Harry sat next to the lake, staring out over the water. It was chilly outside, and he shivered a bit as he had forgotten to put on a jacket. He checked his watch, noting that it was quarter to seven. The train should be arriving in Hogsmeade at any moment now.

Severus and himself had arrived early that morning, and he had spent the entire day roaming across the grounds. While it did not appear so to any onlookers, he was less than enthused about his return to school. He missed his Muggle friends terribly as well as the freedom to be under the influence whenever he wanted.

There were very few people whom attended this school that he did not want to hex these days, and even fewer that he wanted to have an actual conversation with. Severus, Malfoy, and the twins might just be the only exception to this. Wow. He wondered what Ron would think if he could hear his current thoughts. More than likely, he would pass out at the prospect of Harry becoming friends with two Slytherins. Oh god. What would happen if people ever found out about his feelings for Severus. Not that he was planning on telling anybody. Ever.

His thought was broken as he sensed another presence closing in on him. Sure enough, when he looked around, he saw the man whose very existence he was beginning to curse standing a few feet away from him, leaning against a large tree trunk. He had yet to change into his usual robes and Harry had to look away quickly as he caught sight of him in his Muggle clothing.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked, allowing himself to briefly glance up.

"Only a few moments. What are you doing out here? The train should be arriving at the station any moment now."

Shrugging in response, he turned his gaze back to the lake. After waking up to an empty bed this morning, not a single word had been spoken about the night before. It hurt and confused and frustrated and pissed him off to no end. Severus obviously did have feelings for him, but he obviously didn't want to be with him. Or did he? He was sick of not knowing.

He lit a cigarette with shaking fingers. "Severus...we need to talk."

The man omitted a deep sigh before taking a seat next to him and running his hand down his face in a manner very unlike the Severus Snape he knew. For the first time in all the years of knowing him, he appeared to be nervous. "Harry I- we can't do this. We really cannot do this."

Harry did not react, he simply looked at him.

"I am your teacher. I am twenty years your senior. I am a Death Eater" He spat bitterly before continuing. "Even if these things were not a factor, there is too much going on in the world. The Dark Lord continues to rise and I have to continue to act as his spy. I cannot have any distractions in my life. Besides, I do not do relationships. Not since...I just don't. I...you have been through a lot, Harry. Too much for your own good. I have grown to care for you, as well as your happiness. This friendship that we have began to develop is something I wish to pursue if you will allow it."

He nodded in understanding before abruptly jumping to his feet and tossing his filter into the lake. Now that he knew where they stood, he just wanted to be alone. Screw the feast. A knife was currently ripping itself through his heart. He was upset beyond reasoning, and even he did not understand the impact that this rejection was having on him. A month ago, he would have keeled over laughing at the thought of having feelings for Severus Snape.

Severus stood up with him, eying him with not a hint of expression on his face. A gust of wind blew by and he shivered as the cool air hit his bare skin.

"Where is your jacket?" Severus asked indignantly.

Harry shrugged, wanting to get away as soon as possible.

Severus sighed deeply before coming to stand behind him. He immediately tensed up as he heard a zipper unzipping itself and his arms being shoved through two holes. Looking down, his heart sped up as he realized that he was wearing the mans black jacket. The one from that night. Just the reminder of that night was suddenly enough to make him nauseous and he pulled away, mumbling his thanks.

He only made it about a foot before a hand seized his upper arm and forcefully held him back. He whipped around and caught his breath as their faces touched. A tiny gasp escaped his mouth as a strong, but gentle hand brought itself up to his chin. Had he not been rejected less than five minutes ago? Maybe Severus was going mad. Yes, that absolutely had to be it.

"Do not be upset or angry with me. I want you in my life."

His jaw nearly dropped at the scene in front of him. Never in his life had the man sounded like that. His voice full of emotion and on the verge of begging him.

"I want you in my life too. I am upset, but it will pass. I would indeed like to be friends."

Severus opened his mouth to speak, but quickly released him and jumped backward. Students voices were coming from the path that led to Hogsmeade. The train must have arrived without them noticing. Harry quickly changed into his robes behind a bush and then made his way over to the steps to wait for his friends as Severus hurried inside to seat himself at the staff table.

The students filed in past him, some calling out to him, some giving him dirty looks, and some of the younger ones growing strangely quiet and wide eyed. Crabbe and Goyle filed by him along with the rest of the sixth year Slytherins and he was surprised to see that Malfoy wasn't with them. The blonde boy was a few meters behind them, walking completely alone. Harry was surprised when he came to stand in front of him.

"Potter."

"Malfoy." He inclined, tilting his head. "Why didn't you come in with the rest of the Slytherins?"

The boy merely shrugged before turning the topic of conversation back to Harry. "Why didn't I see you on the train with the Mud-Granger and Weasel?"

He raised an eyebrow, having caught onto the fact that Malfoy had almost called Hermione a Mudblood, but had stopped himself at the last moment.

"I did not ride the train. I floo'd here with the person I stayed with this summer instead."

Malfoy nodded slowly, giving him a strange look. "Well, better get going. See you, Potter."

"See you."

Not a moment later, his friends came into view. "Harry!" Hermione flung herself on him as if she hadn't seen him in years. He hugged them all back tightly, smiling despite his previous thoughts. They all headed inside and took their places at the Gryffindor table, with the exception of Luna.

Fred and George came to sit across from him just as McGonagall led the first years in. He only half watched the sorting and lazily clapped along when a student was sorted into his house. As soon as the sorting was over, Dumbledore stood up deliver his usual beginning of term speech. Harry allowed his eyes to wander the room as he spoke of curfew, punishments, and not going into the Forbidden Forest.

Only when Severus was announced DADA teacher did he snap back into reality. Without giving it any sort of thought, he stood up and began enthusiastically clapping. Only after a few seconds did he realize that he was the only one apart from the Slytherins doing so and tons of eyes were on him. He sat back down and glanced up at the staff table. Surprisingly, Severus was looking back at him with a half smile on his face. He openly glared at the man before turning back to the food that had now appeared in front of him.

"Uh, mate. Are you feeling okay?" Ron asked.

Harry scooped some Shepherds Pie onto his plate. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You just gave the greasy dungeon bat a standing ovation, that's why!"

Within an instant, he had turned in his seat and rounded on Ron. "Don't call him that. I'm not even fucking kidding with you. You don't know him. You know the appearance that he lets off, nothing more. So just keep your fucking mouth shut from now on."

Ron grew silent for the rest of the meal. Conversation continued, but there was an awkward silence about the air. When Dumbledore finally dismissed them, he held back until most of the students had exited the hall, waiting for a certain potions master to notice him waiting by the door.

The man finally noticed him and broke off his conversation with Dumbledore to come over to him. He missed the way that the old man looked extremely confused as Severus walked away, before noticing the direction he was going and smiling to himself.

"Professor Severus Snape, Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

Severus gave him a little half smile. "Hopefully I will be a better teacher than your previous instructors. Especially that beast of a woman."

"You'll be great! I have no doubt about it."

The other man didn't answer, but he could have sworn that he saw a red tint to his pale cheeks.

"Seriously though, why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise." He stated.

Harry smiled. "It sure as hell was." He glanced around the Great Hall, noting that they were the only ones left aside from the headmaster and a student whom he was having a discussion with. "Well, I better get going so I can force myself up tomorrow. Congratulations, Severus." He allowed his hand to linger on his shoulder for a moment before walking off, missing the way the other man stiffened at the touch.

By the time he made it up to the tower, the common room was completely emptied. He made his way up to his dormitory, trying to be silent as not to wake any of his room-mates up. Seamus was already out like a light and Neville was laying in bed reading a book on Herbology. Ron's bed was mysteriously empty. Casting a glance over at Deans empty bed, he felt a pang of sadness rip through him like a knife, After sharing a dormitory for six years, it was so strange to not hear the boy snoring or ranting about his Muggle parents. He did smile a bit as he noticed the West Ham poster still hanging respectively on the wall by what had been the boys bedside table.

He slipped his pants and shirt off, flopping down on his stomach in only his boxers and drawing the curtains around his bed. Checking his watch, he realized that it was only nine thirty at night. God, this shit blew. It was so early and yet the entire castle seemed to be in bed. Sober. He could not wait to ask Fred and George about the parties that supposedly took place on the weekends. He hadn't been to an actual party since the night before his birthday. Way too long.

Rolling on his back, he cast a charm to get rid of the smoke before lighting a cigarette. He lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling and thinking. Out of nowhere, the curtains were ripped away from his bed and he jumped, drawing his wand out. It was Ron.

"God dammit, you scared me. What the hell?"

"I just wanted to apologize-" Ron stared down at his hand. "Since when do you smoke?"

Harry sighed, not in the mood to get a lecture tonight. "Since a few months ago. But anyways, what were you saying."

Ron backed away slowly, shaking his head. "Nothing. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." He lay down in his own bed, roughly drawing the curtains up around himself.

He put his filter out in the ashtray he had produced from his bag, setting it down on his nightstand. The only house elf that would clean their tower anymore due to Hermiones S.P.E.W. bullshit was Dobby. There was no way he would ever tell on him for doing anything bad.

He lay back down again, wondering just what the hell his friends problem was. He tossed and turned for over an hour, unable to sleep. Finally, he pulled Severus' jacket from the pocket of his robes and lay in across his body. The scent filled his nostrils and he was asleep within minutes.