Status: VERY active

Fix You

Five

The party was finally beginning to wind down an hour and a half later. Nearly everybody had left and he was now sitting at the kitchen table with Tonks, Remus, Sirius, Fred, George, and Snape, looking at all of his presents.

He had received a few interesting looking defense books from Hermione, the usual tin of rock cakes from Hagrid, a case that went over his wand to protect it from breaking from Moody, a bag of stink bombs from Dung, an enchanted Quiddich board game from Ginny, a huge bag of puking pastilles and such from Fred and George, a bag of lemon drops from an unknown sender(he could not help rolling his eyes and smiling at this), a handful of quills that did neat things from Dean, an enchanted comb from Bill and Fleur, a box full of foreign sweets from Charlie, a pair of weird goggle things from Luna, a Chudley Canyons t-shirt from Ron, a knife that would unlock any lock from Remus, a Weird Sisters t-shirt from Tonks, and a Remembrall from Neville.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had gotten him a set of expensive looking cologne and a large collage to put pictures in. The collage had the word family at the top of it in huge black letters. About twenty pictures total could fit into it. He couldn't wait to begin putting pictures in it, but he had wondered how he was going to do that without a Wizards camera.

His problem had been solved when he had opened his gift from Sirius to discover that it was a Wizards camera. The sneaky prat must have corresponded with the Weasley's on the gift.

Snape had not given him a gift, but that had been completely expected.

He tuned back into the conversation to hear Tonks and Fred loudly arguing over Quiddich. Remus and Sirius had disappeared into the other room a few minutes ago and he was surprised to find Snape chuckling along with George at Dungs vulgar jokes.

They all jumped as a door slammed loudly. Sirius came striding back into the kitchen, looking extremely pissed off. It was pretty obvious that he had been fighting with Remus over something, but nobody dared to ask at the look on his face

He headed over to the cabinet and pulled out an un-opened bottle of Firewhiskey. He watched as he pulled out enough shot glasses for each of them and passed them out. He didn't even bother to slam the last one down in front of Snape, which was extremely odd considering how pissed off he
already was.

He had learned earlier that day that the two men still didn't like each other very much, but they tolerated each other’s presence and could have the occasional civil conversation. Also, Snape was apparently staying here for the time being. Something about his new house not being safe enough for anybody to stay at. Protection wards had been placed around the building, but it would take a bit longer for them to go into effect.

Sirius passed the bottle around and everybody poured their own shots. He caught Snape looking as he filled his up to the brim, but he glared right back at him, daring him to say a word. They all raised their glasses and clinked together, not really sure what they were toasting.

They went through one more round of shots before Harry could not stand the way Snape kept watching him anymore. He noticed that Fred had left the table as well and was heading up the stairs, probably to use the bathroom. He rushed up the stairs and caught up with him. "Come with me." He mumbled. Fred shot him a questioning look, but followed him nonetheless.

Once they were both safely inside, he pulled out his wand and cast a locking charm on the door in case somebody was rude enough to burst in without knocking first. He un-shrank the bag he was currently carrying in his pocket and sat down on the bed with it. "Can you keep a secret?" He asked.

"Absolutely" Fred nodded and came to sit next to him.
Harry believed him so he unzipped the bag and pulled out a few bottles, holding them up for Fred
to see. "Holy shit! Where'd you get all that?" He gasped

Harry smirked up at him. "This summer." He unscrewed the lid of a bottle of Uv Blue and gulped some down.

“Hmm…I think it’s about time you tell me the real story.” He said, motioning for Harry to pass the bottle over.

It took a little over an hour for Harry to give him all the details of his summer. When Harry had gotten to the part about being gay, he had stopped talking for a moment to glance over at Fred. He had just given him a confused look and motioned at him to carry on with it. He had found another person to accept him.

He had also found out a lot of things about Hogwarts that he never known about before. He didn’t know why, but he had assumed that he was the only one there who drank or did drugs. Fred had disproved this assumption by telling him stories of what he had done over the years. Apparently there was a hidden room close to the kitchens where parties would take place nearly every single weekend. House loyalties did not matter there as they were all there to do one thing: Get fucked up.

It was a completely secret process, as they would all be in a shit load of trouble if they were ever discovered. Fred had explained that the room would only appear to you if your name was added to a secret list. It was some complicated spell that a smart Ravenclaw had worked out a few years back. Anybody who attended these parties swore to absolute secrecy. It sounded fantastic.

They were extremely tipsy as they headed back downstairs to see what had happened in their absence. He entered the kitchen to find George, Snape, and Sirius alone at the table. The bottle of Firewhiskey was nearly gone by now and none of them looked too sober.

“Harry!” Sirius called the moment he spotted him. “Come sit by me!” He patted the empty chair next to him. “Wanna shot?”

“Black.” Snape growled in warning.

Sirius turned to him and pointed his finger near his face. “Shut it, Snape.” He slurred out. “He is my godson and if I say he can drink, then he can drink.”

“Yeah, Snape.” He agreed in his extremely buzzed state. He completely missed the death glare Snape gave him at his words.

Fred and George must have seen a fight of some sort coming on because they quickly stood to go.

Sirius stumbled from his chair to escort them to the door, leaving him alone with Snape who was glaring at him after his comment.

“You do not need any more alcohol, Potter.”

“You don’t need any more either.” He said, picking up the bottle to pour a shot.

“I am a grown man.” Snape shot back, taking the bottle from his hands before he could pour.

“So?” He questioned, not really getting the point. He plucked the bottle back out of his Potion

Masters hands and took a swig from the bottle. There were only two sips left so he finished it and
stood.

“You got your fair share of drinking this summer, I would say.” Snape’s voice called out as he rummaged around in the pantry for more alcohol. He found a small bottle of mead and stared at it curiously. He had never tried anything like it before. He shrugged and shut the pantry light out, coming back to the table with the bottle.

He had just downed a huge shot when Sirius came stumbling back into the room. “What do you think you’re doing?”

Harry looked up from pouring another shot. Sirius was not staring at Snape as he had expected, but himself instead. “You said you didn’t care if I drank.” He said, completely confused now. It was as if he’d had a complete personality change in the ten minutes he had been out of the room.

“I don’t give a flying fuck what you do. You can go get drunk and sleep in the street for all the fucks I give, but you are not going to drink MY liquor.” He jerked the bottle from his hand and began chugging from the bottle.

He sat there in complete shock, staring at Sirius as if he had never seen him in his life. Sirius had never treated him like this before. He was being a downright asshole. He knew it was because of the alcohol. Hanging out with Alex and the rest of his friends had been a blast all summer, but there had been a few times when fights had broken out due to the alcohol. People got scary when they were drunk and angry.

“I..I didn’t…What…” He stuttered, not even knowing what to say. He cast a glance over at Snape to see him staring back in forth between the two. He had dropped his mask of coldness and was watching the exchange in complete shock.

“I…I didn’t…What?” Sirius mocked him. “Are you mentally fucking retarded, Harry? I know the Muggles don’t treat you right, but have they made you incapable of stringing two sentences together? Or should I take care of that?” He said, slamming the bottle down on the table and moving toward him, his hand raised in the air.

Harry wasn’t even shocked or annoyed anymore. He was downright fucking scared. Sirius was acting like he was going to hit him any second. The Wizarding world was the one place he could escape from physical abuse. Sure, he had a madman who wanted to murder him, but he never had to worry about being physically harmed.

“Stop. I’m sorry.” He said in a feeble voice. If it were anybody else, he would be picking a fight, but this was Sirius. His godfather. His only remaining family member. He was supposed to love him and care for him, not beat the fuck out of him like his uncle.

“Black!” A sharp voice halted Sirius’s advances.

For the first time in his entire life, Harry was glad that Snape was around. He had stood from the table and was pointing his wand right at Sirius, as if daring him to touch him. Harry had seen Snape mad plenty of times, but he had only seen him furious on one other occasion. It had been right after he had been caught looking inside his Penseive. He recalled the way Snapes lips had formed into a thin line, his skin turned pale, and his body trembling. Snape looked like that right now. As if he was barely controlling himself from snapping Sirius’s neck in half.

“Fuck off, Snivellus.” In an extremely fast motion, Sirius picked up the bottle and flung it in Harry’s direction. He ducked as the bottle went exploding over his head. He ran out of the room as another bottle exploded close to him. He went out the front door without looking back behind him.

He didn’t know or care where he was going to go. Anywhere would be better than this place.
♠ ♠ ♠
please review if you read!