Status: VERY active

Fix You

Seven

Harry groaned as he felt someone attempting to shake him awake. He had a pounding headache and did not want to face either of the two men in the house after what had gone down last night. He vaguely remembered allowing Snape to escort him back inside of the house and put him to bed after his little breakdown.

"Mmmm" He grumbled, attempting to bury his face back down into the pillows.

The blankets were ripped away from him and he yelped loudly as a voice shouted "Up, Potter! We have things to do today." Groaning, he sat up and looked around rather groggily.

Snape was hovering at the end of his bed, already fully dressed in a pair of black trousers and a dark green sweater. He actually looked kind of good when he wasn't hiding behind all of those massive black robe-wait. What in the hell did he just think? This was Snape he was talking about. His mean, old, bitter, greasy haired Potions professor who hated him. He shook his head from side to side, attempting to clear away the thought completely.

Snape cleared his throat rather loudly and gave him a pointed look. Rolling his eyes, he swung his legs over the bed, standing up fully and squeezing his eyes shut tight. His head felt like it was going to explode. It was pure fucking agony. He wondered if Snape was going to offer him some hangover potion, but after a few moments of them standing in complete silence, it became apparent that he wasn't.

"Can I have some hangover potion?" Normally, his pride would not have allowed him to ask for assistance from his snarky professor, but his head hurt so bad that he no longer cared.

"Can I have some hangover potion what, Potter?"

"Can I have some hangover potion, please." Harry said through gritted teeth, wishing nothing more than to hex the man into obliviation.

Snape smirked at him in satisfaction as he plunged his hand inside of his robes and pulled out the small vial. He handed it over and Harry downed the entire thing in one gulp. The pounding inside of his head ceased within seconds and he felt good as new again.

He handed the vial back to Snape and looked down, blushing as he realized that he was in only his boxers with his embarrassing torso showing again. He blushed even further as he caught Snape examining it.

After a long, hot shower, Harry padded back into his bedroom, keeping a towel tied around his waist. He emptied his bag out onto his bed. The clothes all tumbled out at once, leaving a huge heap on the bed. He sorted through the piles slowly, attempting to find something decent to wear. He wanted to look good when they went into Muggle London. There was no telling when he would run into a cute boy.

He had smoked nearly an entire joint before he finally had a decent outfit put together. His pants were simple, dark colored, skinny jeans. He was wearing a pair of black Toms with them as well. He slipped on a plain white v-neck and a tight, black vest that he had picked up at a vintage thrift store in Surrey.

Digging through his pile of gifts from last night, he located his magical comb. He messed with it for a few minutes, trying out various hairstyles on himself. When he was finally done, his hair was completely straightened down flat and grown out to the middle of his ears. The back was slightly longer, coming down to the middle of his neck.

His bangs remained straight, while the back spiked up. To finish his transformation, he added three stripes of lime green to his bangs. He put the tiny roach his joint had turned into back into his bag, shrank it, and slipped it back into his pocket. He then pulled his glasses off of his face, pointed his wand at his eyes, and muttered "Occulus Reparo". He blinked and his vision was better than it had been even with glasses. He wondered how many years he had missed out on all of the little details he was now noticing in the room for the very first time.

Harry dabbed some anti-biotic cream onto his extremely infected lip before glancing over at the clock. It had been close to an hour and a half since Snape had woken him up and told him to get ready. He was surprised that the man had yet to come scream at him for wasting his precious time. Harry thundered down the stairs and into the kitchen. As predicted, Snape was standing at the end of the long table. His hands were on his hips and he was glaring at him.

He had to try with all of his might to fight back the gigantic bubble of laughter inside of his throat as he realized that Snape reminded him exactly of Molly Weasley at that moment.

As hard as he tried, he was unable to contain his laughter the more Snape glowered down at him. It was just too fucking funny.

Snape didn't speak again until he managed to calm himself down. "Now that your ridiculous laughing fit is over, sit down and eat your breakfast. Quickly, if I may add. You took so long in the shower that I assumed you had managed to drown yourself, but unfortunately, my wishes have not been fulfilled."

Harry rolled his eyes at his professor's ridiculous antics before turning to sit down at the table. For the very first time since he had entered the room, he noticed Sirius sitting at the kitchen table, looking completely miserable.

"I'm not hungry." He said automatically turning to leave. He was prevented from doing so when a hand went to his chest. It was strong, yet comforting. Gentle, but firm.

"Sit down, Potter. You WILL eat something if I have to force feed it down your throat."

He jerked away as his brain processed that Snape was the one touching him. He attempted a half-hearted glare, but he was actually just trying to hide his feelings about last night. Sure, he was angry, but he was also hurt beyond belief.

Sirius was the only family he had left and his actions spoke loud and clear. He didn't give a damn about him either. The only difference was that he didn't beat him or starve him to death. He would not have put it past the man to do both of those things last night in his drunken stupor.

"Accio." He mumbled, pointing his wand at the plate of toast sitting on the table. He could have easily walked around the table to get it, but he didn't want to have to walk past Sirius if he didn't have to. Maybe he was being stupid and childish, but he didn't give a damn.

The toast flew into his hand and he took a tiny bite for Snape's sake. He wasn't even hungry, but he knew he would never hear the end of it if he didn't at least eat something. Snape looked at him with an expression that almost looked sympathetic for a moment before nodding at him to come on.

"Harry, wait!" Sirius scraped back his chair and stood. Harry ignored the man, walked throughout the house, put his shoes on, and made to follow Snape out of the open front door. He whipped around when a strong hand grasped his left shoulder. "Don't fucking touch me!" He spat. Seconds before he fled the scene, he saw how pained Sirius looked, but whatever. He brought it upon himself.

Harry stopped running once he got around the corner. Fumbling in his pockets for a moment, he pulled out his cigarettes and a green lighter. The nicotine instantly calmed his nerves and he leaned back against the building, breathing deeply. Snape appeared not a moment later and looked surprised to find him standing there as if nothing had ever happened. Well, what had he been expecting? For him to run off and sob on a street corner? Harry blushed at his own thoughts as he recalled the previous night and how he had done exactly that.

The two men began walking throughout Muggle London in complete silence. Harry took puffs of his cigarette every few seconds, taking in his surroundings. Snape, on the other hand, was trying to hurry him along and kept looking around wildly. He rolled his eyes at the mans behavior too many times to count. It wasn't as if Death Eaters were just going to be parading down the middle of the street in broad daylight. Even they had more brains than that.

A girl walking down the road caught his attention. She had bright pink hair and was wearing a Sex Pistols tank top. She looked oddly familiar. He turned around to stare at her retreating back before realizing that he didn't know her at all. She just looked a lot like a girl that had partied with them at the club all summer long.

"Not very discrete, are we?" He didn't even have to look up. He could feel Snape smirking down at him.

Harry couldn't help but snort as he realized that Snape assumed he had been checking the girl out. "There was absolutely nothing to be discrete about." He said truthfully.

"Whatever you say, Potter."

"I'm serious." He said, beginning to get extremely annoyed at the mans incorrect assumptions.

"Okay, you win." Snape said, holding up his hands in mock defense. They walked thr rest of the way in silence, finally entering the Leaky Cauldron.

"Professor Snape, Harry!" Tom the barman exclaimed as they walked through the door. "Can I get you a drink, Professor? And you Harry? Promise I won't tell anyone." He said with a wink.

He opened his mouth to accept the invitation, but was cut off by Snape.

"No thank you, we're just passing through."

Tom's face fell and Harry offered him an apologetic smile as he followed Snape out of the Leaky Cauldron and into Diagon Alley.

They walked throughout the familiar alley until they reached Gringotts. Harry made to open the door, but Snape gestured at him to sit down on the steps instead. Frowning in complete confusion, he did as he was told without questioning it for once.

A thick envelope was thrust into his hands and he recognized to be his Hogwarts letter. It was extremely thick, which was unusual. His eyes widened as he realized the reason for its thickness. This would contain his O.W.L results. Fucking hell.

He ripped the envelope open before he lost his nerve. He closed his eyes for a moment before shakily opening the first piece of paper that had fallen out.

"ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS"

Astronomy: O

Care of Magical Creatures: E

Charms: E

Defense Against The Dark Arts: O

Divination: T

Herbology: E

History of Magic: A

Potions: O

Transfiguration: O

He stared at the piece of partchment in shock for a full minute. Not only had he gotten eight O.W.L's, but he had gotten four outstandings! Even in Potions! He had done better than he had thought he would.

Harry looked up to find Snape studying him curiously. He knew that the man wished to know his results, but that his pride would never allow him to ask. He silently handed the paper over, carefully watching Snape's face as he took in the words on the parchment. Snape's eyes grew wide, but he quickly masked into his usual expression.

The paper was handed back to him and he stuffed it inside of his robes.

"How the hell did you get an O in Potions, Potter?"

"I guess I'm not as stupid as you thought." He snapped back "Or my family." He muttered underneath his breath so lowly that he didn't think anybody would be able to hear him.

He was surprised as Snape lay a hand on his shoulder and left it there. Their eyes connected and they stared at one another intently for a moment. "I never thought you were stupid, Potter. Just lacking in motivation and common sense. While I did not think you would score highly in Potions, I am not surprised at your Defense grade. As much as I loath to admit it, you're rather bright. Don't ever allow your family to tell you otherwise." Snape finished speaking and Harry looked up, meeting the mans gaze. They stared into one anothers eyes intently for a long moment before he broke the gaze and unfolded the second part of his letter.

"Dear Mr. Potter, this letter contains your book list based on the career choice you made at the end of last school year. If your ambition is no longer to be an Auror, arrangements for your classes will be made on the first day of term. "

Advanced Potion Making

Confronting the Faceless

Transfiguration: Sixth Addition

The Standard Book of Spells: Grade 6

Magical Herbs and Fungi

Charming the Charmable

He finished reading and tucked the list back into his robes, making a mental note to talk to a worker once they got to Florish and Blott's.

One hour later, Harry and Snape were inside of the bookstore, grabbing all of the necessary books. Snape had picked up a book on Myths & Omens becoming strangely engrossed in it. Harry left him to his reading and walked around to the other side of the shelf.

"Excuse me" He called out to the storekeeper. "Can you tell me where the N.E.W.T. book for Astronomy is located at?"

"Ah, yes. They're right over here." The man replied, leading the way to the aisle that Snape was currently occupying. He pulled out a dark blue book from the second shelf. He had sworn he had just looked at that section earlier. Oh well, he must have overlooked it.

"Thanks." He replied, taking the book and beginning to flip through the pages.

After he paid for his books, they made a stop in Madame Malkins Dress Shop. He had grown so much over the summer that his school robes now hung above his ankles. He was now sitting in a chair at the front of the shop, being poked and prodded everywhere imaginable.

The assistant that was fitting him was obviously new and was taking an eternity to take his measurements. He probably could have done it faster with no experience. Snape was apparently thinking the same thing too as he tapped his foot impatiently and muttered obscenities under his breath every single time the woman was out of earshot. "Fucking troll." Was the newest one that he had heard and he was currently doing everything in his power to keep a straight face.

A loud sigh emitted from across the room and he turned to look at Snape. "Don't you have an errand or something to do, Snape."

"Indeed. Once we are finished here."

Harry huffed impatiently "Look, I am not a child. It won't kill you to leave me alone for an hour or two. Go do whatever while I do this and I'll meet you at the Leaky Cauldron in two hours."

"Fine. " Snape finally agreed. He hadn't expected him to give in. He must really want to get the hell out of the shop. "I have to run to the Apothecary. Meet me in an hour and a half in the front of the store. Don't get into any trouble and don't run into Muggle London."

He rolled his eyes and waved the man out of the door. He was thrown another warning glare before the door closed and he was left alone with the ditz of a woman.

Surprisingly, it only took her twenty minutes to completely finish with him. She seemed to have began moving a little bit faster once Snape had left. He seemed to have that effect on people. He was an intimidating man and he had seen both man and women, teacher and student alike shrivel back at his presence.

He paid for his robes and left the shop, hoping he would have enough time to go where he had been planning. Harry came to a stop in front of a large archway. Looking around quickly to make sure he wasn't being watched, he stepped through into Knockturn Alley.