Status: Typing As Fast As I Can!!

Episode One: Made of Stone

Part Seven.

I stood with my arms crossed, watching the men pack up the black Impala. It was sad to see them go, when I now considered them my friends.

"Thanks for everything, Evs." Sam said as he hugged me tightly.

"You can come here whenever you boys want. I'm more than happy to take care of you." I sighed.

When he let go, Dean crushed me with his arms.

"I'm gunna miss you, princess. Keep in touch, okay? And if you ever change your mind about you and me, let me know." Dean cracked a smile.

I rolled my eyes at him. Poor guy still didn't like the fact that I didn't see him that way. He was good for a laugh though, I'd give him that.

"Just be careful, and look out for each other." I demanded. "Dean, no pranks on Sam, either. Poor guy has enough problems to go through."

Dean tried to pout, but I gave him my stern "mom" look, and he cut the crap real quick. Bobby and Cas were already in the back seat, waiting to leave and already having said their goodbyes. My eyes were glued to Cas even though I knew I should stop. Sighing, I backed up to the front door, and watched as the '67 Chevy pulled out of my driveway. I finally tore my gaze away when I heard the sound of breaking glass coming from inside. Soon after was a blood curdling scream from my brother.

"Caleb!" I screamed, causing Dean to slam on his breaks at the sound of my distress.

I ran into the house with my golden retriever by my side. In the living room, caleb layed facing up. There was a gaping hole in his chest where his heart should've been. His eyes were stuck open in wide eyed terror of whatever had gotten to him. Blood was pooling around him, coating my memory with crimson. I rushed to him and gathered him into my arms.

"Evs?" I heard Dean call.

"I'm so sorry, Caleb." I cried, kissing his temple. "Please, please forgive me."

"Dammit to hell." Bobby had cursed softly.

I was carried away as a sobbing heap, unable to fight off the strong arms around me. All words failed me, and the only other noises from me were my moans and weeping. I was taken to the kitchen where Sam sat me down, and gave me a glass of water. I could barely hear him speaking to me over my own thoughts yelling in my head.

Images of my brother were replaying in my head like a sick movie. There was so much blood. Flashes of red pulsed behind my eyelids every time I blinked. Bile rose up in my throat, and I rushed to the bathroom. I barely had the toilet seat up as I threw up the contents of my lunch. The acid taste coated my mouth in the worst way possible. It rose up again, leaving me a trembling mess on the bathroom floor.

"Jesus, Sam. You're supposed to be watching her!" Dean's voice clear as crystal cut through the sounds of my despair.

I felt strong, yet gentle hands on my back, soothing me as another wave of nausea hit me. I was vaguely away of someone holding back my hair and soft whispering.

"Don't worry, princess. We'll get this demon bitch." Dean sighed.

"I want to gut her. String her upside down, and bleed her out." I choked, my breathing was ragged.

"Don't say that, honey. You don't want this life." Bobby spoke from the doorway.

"What else am I to do, then?" I cried.

Dean pulled me into his arms, his warmth and strength was comforting. He held me as though he was the only thing able to keep me together. The same way Caleb was able to do.

"You have a funeral for him. You write your music, and try to move on to a life without him. It hurts, I know. But Evs, I can't have you turning into someone like me. Life of a hunter is messy, and lonely. You don't want that, hell, I don't want it." Dean whispered.

I sniffed one last time before glancing up at him. His hazel eyes were sad, and one lone tear had manage to slip out from the corner of his eye. Gently, I wipped it away, cupping his face with both hands.

"It doesn't have to be lonely. I can stay with you and Sam." I tried to reason, but all the fight I once had in me died.

Dean shook his head. "I can't protect you like you think I can. No matter how much I want to."

I went to say something, but I heard the faint sounds of police sirens.

"Balls." Bobby muttered.

"Go out the back. You can go around the house to the Impala." I told them.

"Will you be okay?" Sam asked.

"No, but I'll try."
♠ ♠ ♠
And there you have it. Hope you liked it. Thank you for those who keep reading and commenting.