Status: Typing As Fast As I Can!!

Episode One: Made of Stone

Part Eight.

Two Weeks Later

The funeral was long, and trying on my heart. To see him, my beloved twin brother, being layed to rest was too difficult to put into words. It was a closed casket, which I was grateful for, but some part of me needed to see his face in its peaceful repose.

I took Dean's advice, and had him cremated, though I'm not sure if I could have my brother being maggot food anyway. As the funeral home provided a crematorium just next door, I saw it a perfect fit. I went home as they dealt with Caleb's body, unable to wait any longer in the dreary atmosphere of the funeral home.

Pulling into the driveway, and stepping out of my car, I saw a friendly face. Bobby sat on the patio with Gabriel at his feet, drinking what looked to be scotch. My heels clicked up the walkway, announcing my arrival. Gabriel perked up, his tail wagging, and eager to see me. Bobby turned to me, and offered me a drink, which I accepted.

"How are you, Bobby?" I asked, giving him a hug before sitting beside him.

He snorted. "Shouldn't I be asking you that? But I'm alright, I reckon."

I took a long gulp of the amber liquid, it burning its way down to my stomach. "I think I'm okay despite what has happened. Everything is just so empty without Caleb here."

"I'm just a call away. You just pick up that phone, and I'll drive like a bat out of hell to get you." Bobby told me.

"I know you will, and thank you." I smiled softly. "How are the boys?"

Again, he snorted. "Them idjits. Always in trouble. Gunning for Lillith last I heard. I think seeing you with Caleb gave them fuel to a fire already blazing. Even Cas was torn."

That got my attention. "He was?"

Bobby nodded, a small smile of something he knew but wasn't telling me.

"That damn featherbrain likes you, Evie. He just doesn't understand any human emotions. It being sin for him and all, but dammit if he wasn't itching to come back to see you." Bobby chuckled.

It was a nice sound coming from him, and I knew he didn't do it often. I felt honored that he would with me.

A phone rang, and Bobby was quick to answer. "What do you idjits want?"

I couldn't hear what was being said, but I could faintly hear Dean's voice. Whatever was being said wasn't good. Bobby visably paled, and tossed back the rest of the scotch.

“Alright, I’ll be on my way. Don’t do anything stupid, we need a plan if Sam went with her.” Bobby told Dean.

Then he hung up the phone. He muttered something under his breath, and went to stand up.

“What’s happened, Bobby?” I asked.

Concern must’ve radiated from me, because he kissed my forehead as a comfort.

“Sam went off with Ruby to find Lillith. Ruby being a spawn of hell that no one likes.” Bobby spoke.

“Is there anything I can do?”

Bobby shook his head. “You’re already on every demon’s hitlist. I demon-proofed your house, and left a couple of salt guns stashed in case something gets in. Don’t mess up the salt lines, either. I’ll be back when I can.”

I nodded and embraced him. Whatever was coming for the boys made me afraid. Dear Lord, please let them be okay, I prayed silently.

“Tell Dean to be careful, and that I love you all, alright?” I whispered.

“I will, Evie.” Bobby choked out.

He left before I was able to wipe away the tears from his eyes. He gave me one final wave before peeling out of my driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the final chapter. I have a sequel coming up soon. Thanks for reading!