Run For Your Life

Run For Your Life Chapter One

            Chapter One: The Avengers
            I’m not really sure how I had died. In fact, I don’t remember it at all. Someone said that I was hit by a car. I’m pretty sure that if I had really died, it wouldn’t have been such an idiotic way. I was way too smart to be hit by a fucking car, after all. I’m pretty sure that I had been murdered, but, how would I be able to prove that? I mean… I was dead for days. Seven of them. Killed on a Sunday. Came back on a Sunday. How the hell would I come back to life? Well, don’t ask me. All I remember was being all comfortable up in Heaven, chilling with angels and the like, when my paradise suddenly lit up with what could only be explained by fireworks.

            And then I was alive again. Buried in a fucking coffin, scrapping my nails against the ceiling of the damn box, and trying to get out. It was a miracle when the stupid box opened, and someone pulled me out. Of a box that was on FIRE. “How are you ALIVE?!” the man shouted, staring at me in absolute shock. I suppose I should’ve known that, but instead of trying to reason with the man, I took off in the other direction. I quickly got my bearings, recognizing the cemetery that I had been buried in. It was only about five blocks from my house, and I managed to make it back home in record time.

            Facing my mother was not the easiest thing in the world, and I really should’ve thought it through before walking into my living. My mother and younger sister, Alison, screamed the minute they saw me. It wasn’t relief or happiness as I had hoped. My mother ran over to the phone, and I stared at her as she dialed a number and pulled Alison, who was only twelve, close to her. “You can’t BE here. This is impossible.” Alison said quietly. “Obviously it isn’t, Allie.” I said softly, trying to make it clear to my sister that it was ME standing in front of her.

            It became clear that I wasn’t getting anywhere with Mom and Allie, so I walked up to my bedroom and grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to change into before going to shower off. When I walked back down to the living room, Mom was talking to someone in the kitchen, while Allie waited on the sofa. “You do realize that your eyes… They’re gold, right…?” Allie told me quietly. I looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows. I approached the mirror in the living room, and sure enough, my formerly brown eyes were tinted an odd golden color. All of a sudden I heard a shout, and I ran into the kitchen to see…

            “CLINT?!" I screamed. I hadn’t seen my brother, Hawkeye, or better known as Clint Barton, in over a year. He was standing in the middle of the kitchen, staring down at my mom, and he spun on his heel to wrap his arms around me. “Julia.” He said quietly, holding me tight against him. “Clint, what’s going on?” I asked. He frowned and grabbed at my hand. “I’ve got to take you away from here, my darling.” He explained. “What do you mean, Clint? Take me where?” I said, starting to panic. I followed him out to the door, staring as he got into the driver’s seat of a Mercedes. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I looked to my side to see Mom staring at me. “You’ve got to go with him, Julia. It’s the only way.” She whispered.

            I hugged my family before joining my brother in the car. Watching them as we pulled away, tears struck my eyes. “Don’t cry, Julia. I’ve taught you better than that.” He warned. I leaned my head against the window and shut my eyes, closing out the world.

            When I awoke, the car was parked. My brother was talking on a phone, and when he saw me, hung up abruptly. We were in front of a gigantic house and Clint lead me to the front door and pulled it open. “Natasha, come here!”  Clint shouted. A woman appeared suddenly, with red hair and a tight black tank top. To sum it all up, she was a pile of big breasts and absolutely oozed sexiness. 

            “Julia, this is Natasha. You’ll get along well with her. She’s a dear friend of mine.” Clint told me. I could hear yelling, and all of a sudden, a tall blonde man ran into the room. “Tony, I swear to God I will cut your head off!” he shouted. He slid to a stop in front of us, and I stared at the absolutely stunning man. The warmth in my stomach went into overdrive, and his eyes lit up as he stared down at me. “Well, hello there, ma’am. Steve Rogers, at your service.” He smiled, taking my hand before pulling it to his lips. I bit my lip, and my brother cleared his throat. “Not the time, Steve.” He said warningly.

            A second man appeared, and he raised an eyebrow. “That’s a girl. Who brought that girl here?” he asked. “You’re Tony Stark!” I gasped, recognizing the older man from the media. “Of course I am. What are you doing here? Who the hell are you?” Tony asked. “I’m Clint’s sister.” I explained. The three of them widened their eyes. “You were DEAD. Murdered. Absolutely terribly terrifyingly dead. We saw the funeral. You had a closed casket because you were so disgustingly dead.” Tony rambled. “Well, I’m not dead anymore.” I retorted. “She’s the Phoenix.” A deep male voice said suddenly, and I turned around to see my dad’s friend, Nick Fury. “The what?” I asked.

            “The Phoenix. You know, as in the bird from the myths.” Nick said, walking deeper into the house. The small group of us followed into a room, and I watched as Nick sat down at a table, leaving us to follow suit. I sat down beside Steve, and he smiled reassuringly. “You’ll be alright, darling. Don’t you worry.” He told me quietly. “Natasha, go get the others.” Nick told the red head, and I stared at her as she retreated from the room, giving me nice view of her ass as it swayed. “What others?” I asked. “Don’t worry, there’s only Thor and Bruce left.” Tony said, placing a hand on my shoulder from my other side. He smiled at me, and I felt myself slightly warm up towards him. “Just don’t be scared. They’re scary guys, but don’t be scared. I’ll kick their asses if they scare you.” He promised.  “Who are you all?” I asked, staring up at my oldest sibling. “These are the Avengers. And they’re going to take care of you.” Hawkeye promised me.