Run For Your Life

Run For Your Life Chapter Eight

“I cannot believe that bastard. I am SO fed up with putting money into these repairs. Honestly. I’m done with it. I really am.” Tony ranted as he paced back and forth in the Avengers mansion. Clint was sitting on the edge of the table, tapping his foot on the table (it was tucked under him). Thor, myself, and Natasha were all seated around the table, and Steve and Bucky sat at the bar to watch us. “Do you know what he’s doing, Thor?” I asked, staring at the Asgardian. Thor looked at me with regret on his face. “I do not know, girl of fire. All I am aware of is Loki’s escape from his Asgard prison. I do not know of the circumstances, nor of his motives.” Thor explained.

I sighed in exasperation and walked out of the room, but not before nudging Steve quickly. Steve followed me out of the room, and I dragged him by the hand (as much as a small girl like me could drag someone his size) into my room. “What is it? Are you okay?” Steve asked; his eyes dark with concern as they roamed my face. I grabbed him by the face and pressed my lips hard against his. Steve moved his hands on either side of me, bracing himself above me against the door. I pulled away briefly, staring into his eyes. “We still haven’t even had a date. No evil god is ruining that for me, sorry, but it isn’t happening.” I told him.

Steve chuckled and pressed his lips to my forehead. “I think that could be arranged, ma’am.” He said softly. I smiled and grabbed onto his arm, pulling it around me. “And what would you like to do, sir?” I wondered. Steve hugged me close, swaying me close. “How about we… Why don’t we go dancing?” he wondered. “Dancing? What brought that idea to mind?” I said, staring into Steve’s blue eyes. “I’ve never danced before, Miss Julia.” He said, his cheeks warming up. “You’ve never DANCED? Well… Steve… Dancing isn’t quite what you’d expect it to be these days… But I know just what to do. Put on your dancing shoes, Captain Rogers.” I told him. Steve looked down at the ground, embarrassed. “I don’t have any dancing shoes, ma’am…” he said. I moved out from under his arm and placed my hands on my hips. “Just… Go get dressed. I’ll see you in an hour.”

An hour later, I was waiting outside of Steve’s bedroom in my favorite dress, a teal sleeveless one that had a ruffled skirt. I wore matching heels that had flowers on the wide strap that covered the top of my foot. In an attempt to make Steve feel more at home in my time, I had done my hair up in curls to look like how women did their hair in the forties. All of a sudden, Steve stepped out of the room. He was dressed in dark slacks, a white button up shirt, and his leather jacket. I smiled up at him, and he offered me his arm. “Shall we, my lady?” he asked softly. I heard clapping suddenly, and the two of us looked up to see Tony and Bucky standing before us. “Steve Rogers is going on his first official date. Congratulations, Vanilla Ice!” Tony called out, chuckling. I walked up to him and stomped on his foot in a not very ladylike fashion, my heel penetrating his shoe and making him grimace.

“Sometimes I forget that having a teenager around can be quite the opposite of fun. Julia, did you forget your Midol?” Tony mocked. I flipped him off as I walked away from the two men that were watching us. “When Steve gets back tonight, he won’t be a virgin!” I yelled over my shoulder. I looked back to see that Bucky and Tony both had their jaws dropped. Steve gripped onto my hand tightly, and I could tell that my words had made him nervous. Ignoring my own butterflies, I led him out to my car. We got into it in silence, neither of us knowing how to recover from the incident that had just occurred. I started the car and looked in the rear view mirror at Steve, who was nervously playing with the hem of his shirt.

I reached my hand across and took Steve’s hand in mine. My chest started to tighten, and that’s when a realization started to sink in. I was falling in love with Steve Rogers. It was a strong, warm feeling that twisted in my heart, and I took a deep breath. “Is everything okay?” Steve asked. I nodded and pulled out into the traffic. It was going to be a long night.

Taking Steve dancing was the best decision I had ever made. He was a complete natural, holding onto my hips and moving to the music. I had taken him to a jazz place to make sure he didn’t need to witness the bumpin’ and grindin’ of my generation, because I knew that the innocent man would suffer a heart attack from it. After three hours of dancing, we made our way back to the Avengers mansion and headed to my room. Steve stood nervously in front of me before leaning down to peck my lips lightly. Not wanting to settle for a pathetic kiss like that, I tugged him into my room before slamming the door shut. I locked it quickly, and Steve’s eyes bugged out of his head. “Julia… I… I can’t…” he stammered. I stood on my tiptoes (after kicking off my shoes) and kissed him roughly. “You can, Steve. It’s about damn time that you did. I’ll teach you what to do.” I promised.

I helped Steve take off his jacket before reaching to unbutton his shirt. My fingers started to shake slightly, and I turned my eyes up to Steve’s face. He was breathing heavily, and he reached his hands behind me to unzip my dress. Feeling flustered, I let the dress fall to the floor, leaving me in just my bra and panties. Steve’s shirt was now fully undone, and I pulled it down over his broad shoulders. Steve was now in just his slacks, and I got down on my knees. “You’re wearing too much.” I said quietly, wondering how I managed to get the words out. I unbuttoned his slacks before working the zipper down.

When Steve was standing there in his boxer briefs, I couldn’t help but giggle. Captain America was in my bedroom in just a pair of American flag boxers. “Is something funny…?” Steve asked so softly that it almost came out as a whimper. I reached up and slid my thumbs into his waistband. “Not at all, Steve… It’s perfect. You’re perfect.” I whispered, kissing him lightly through his boxers. He let out a tiny moan, and I looked up at him with a small smile. I loved him. There was no more doubt in my mind.