Status: In the process of being written =) Stick with me for a great story that may hit some of you a litle closer to home <3

Only Up From Here

Unexpected Meeting

Sitting here in class is like a slow and painful death. I mean really? Why do I need to take a political science credit anyway? It’s not like I need it to own my ranch. Staring at the teacher I notice he says “Um” after EVERYTHING! I slowly find myself making a tally on the side of my notebook after every annoying UM that comes out of his mouth.

“Kali? Do you have the answer?” I stare at his greying beard and receding hairline, “Kali?”

“Um,” I start to laugh “Well, the legislative branch.” . . . I can feel my mouth moving but I don’t even care what I am talking about. “The judicial branch” . . . Again mouth moving and mind not caring, “And finally the executive branch” . . . More words. I know that I know this information I just wish it applied to my life.

“Next time Kali look like you're paying attention, but you are correct. The three branches of government . . .” And the droning goes on.

As class ended I couldn’t help but almost run to my truck. I was more then ready to get home. It was a beautiful day to jump on Carmen and go for a nice long ride up the mountains. As I walked, not paying much attention to where I was headed, I text my mom letting her know my plans. Until, I ran into a hard yet squishy wall almost knocking me on my ass.

“Oh! Excuse me!” I looked up to see a man several inches taller then me with his hand outstretched to catch me. “I should really learn to text while standing not walking.”

“It’s OK as long as you didn’t fall. I’m Shane.” His hand reached for mine and I took it slowly.

“Kali Jo.” I smiled as I took in all of his at least 6’5” figure. He wore a simple short-sleeved plaid shirt and jeans and some cowboy boots. His hair a deep brown and cut short leaving plenty of room for me to notice his chiseled jaw line, his green eyes burned into my blue ones as we let go of hands.

“Well, Kali Jo it was nice to uh, bump into you.” He smiled at me and my heart melted as dimples appeared.

“Yeah, sorry about that I’m in sort of a hurry to hit the road. Have to get home and take care of some stuff.” I looked down at my boots shyly.

“Hey don’t worry about it. I’ll see you around?” Again he smiled throwing in a cute little wink.

“Yeah, I’ll, uh, see you around.”

I smiled and passed by him hoping he wasn’t going to watch me walk away. As I rounded the corner of the building I glanced back over my shoulder and there he stood staring after me. I smiled again at him and gave a little wave disappearing around the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the first part sorry it is so short I just wanted to get a small piece of writing out so you guys could get a feel for it! Hope you enjoy. Plan on posting the second chapter later today or tomorrow!

Kali Jo

Shane