Wonderwall

prologue

In the beginning, things were good. Things were very, very good. The economy was at a record breaking high and there were no signs of it dropping - or stopping, for that matter. The kids had a future to look up to, great new job opportunities and for once, the world looked new and exciting. The skies were clear and bright and people were in love.

And Desmond Somers and Alice Jameson were very much in love. Young love, old-timers would smile to themselves as they passed by. Because when you're that young, love hasn't quite broken the surface. Only time can truly nurture love. And only time can test it.

But in that moment, Desmond and Alice thought they truly were in love. They never had an inkling of first loves, never knew the difference between infatuation and love. This was it, they were all they had and they were convinced they would stay together for the rest of their lives.

Even if they were poor and he lost all his hair, she told him she would still love him. He told her he would still love her even when she got old and her skin grew wrinkly and her breasts began to sag. And they would sit outside her front steps and talk and laugh about nothing and anything.

But for all the love they had for each other, Alice never once thought about marrying Desmond.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story that, to be honest, I really haven't thought out much. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing. But hopefully I can really focus on this. Knowing me, updates will be sporadic. Please let me know what you think, even though it's kind of short.