Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Awake

I woke to the sound of a dog barking and a smash, probably the drunk hobo in the opposite alley. I had the same dream I had every night, my parents screaming at me as they tried to kill me. They tried throwing knives but I just directed them at the door. Then they started trying to burn me. Ran me out of town, I could only sneak back into my room to pack enough of what I though I needed before my younger brother ran in and started screaming at me. I was only twelve when they finally found out.

“Hey, you’re a little too pretty to be roaming these streets, aren’t you? Here on business?” the drugged up guy asked me. I was hiding out in the lower end of London, doing better than I expected.

“Move out of my way.” he did as I said, not because I was superior but because I had used my power, well part of it anyway.

I walked to the nearest coffee shop and handed over the money, this was a regular thing, no one else seemed to be in here at six in the morning. So it was always the same server guy at the till. “There you go, enjoy.” he smiled.

“Thanks, have a nice day.” I said in mock happiness, walking out to get a bus to central London. I had got half way through my coffee before I saw the same reporter that seemed to be tracking me finally making his way over to where I stood at the bus stop.

“I’ve told my friend about you, he is very interested in your abilities.” he started, adjusting his tie and hair, “He thinks that with some training you may…improve. You are drawing in a lot of interest, especially with that cage fight.”

“What about my cage fight?” I asked sipping my coffee.

“You pinned them down with the bars of the cage, without even moving.” he spoke with slight aggravation, “Just last night you used somebody else’s weapon to knock that person unconscious, did you think people would just ignore you?”

“Well, I haven’t had any trouble so far.” I smirked, my bus came round the corner and I retrieved the money from my pocket, “Goodbye.”

“You can either go now, without any fuss or they will come and get you.”

“Well they can come and get me then, they’ll be just as defenceless as everybody else.” I smirked and waved.

The bus ride was long and the city was already fully awake on my arrival. I stepped off and breathed in the fumes. Then made my way through to the back alleys, where I would find Mike, who would tell me the fights I’ve got tonight, if I have any. I walked round the corner to see a man with what looked like claws and another boy who kept throwing ice at the wall. I quickly hid behind the corner.

“Stop that!” the man with the claws shouted, he was from Canada.

“Why? We have had to wait here forever and I doubt she’ll even show.” the boy sounded annoyed, he was American. Hmm, an American and a Canadian hanging out, never thought I’d see that…

“Because I can hear someone breathing.” he whispered, then I heard nothing. I assumed they went the other way, so peaked around the corner. I was immediately faced with the two. The man was smoking a cigar and looking down at me. “Now, we can make this easy, kid,” he started, “ just come with us and we don’t have to knock you out.”

“You are not knocking me out!” I immediately started throwing the rusty old bins their way, they either got froze or shredded, “Who the hell are you people.”

“We’re the X men.” the ice one told me.

I took off running. I ran through the busy streets of London, eventually getting to another back ally and collapsing on the floor. “That’s it, I need to go somewhere that has nothing but sheep. No one will find me there.” I sighed before hearing footsteps.

“Come on kid!” the man shouted, “Don’t make me hurt you.” I flung a few bricks his way and any scratch just seemed to heal up immediately. Then I was encased in ice, he was behind me the whole time.

“Are you going to kill me?” I asked, staring at him and trying to free myself, before I could I felt a needle go into my shoulder.

“Sleep tight…” the clawed man told me.

Then everything blurred and disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rileys clothes:
www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=57182813