Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Past & Present

We were being punished. Badly. I had to stick to Logan and he was trying to fix some motorbike, babbling on about having to look after me and how he "didn't care what happened to a bunch of kids, especially the rude types."

I was sitting on a chair, slowly turning a nut and bolt, then twisting them together. I was bored. Very bored. The mentor scheme was killing me, so was the extra essays - 3 of them. I'd done the first one, which was the 'Political Issues of Mutant Powers In Modern Day Society', that was 5,000 words.

The second was about the genetics behind mutants, it was to be handed straight to Professor X, I had done around 4,000 words and need to do the reason behind extreme mutations and a conclusion still. Pilar had only got the first two, because the third was especially for me, it was a depth study into myself and I was supposed to write down my emotions and my history and blah, blah, blah.

"What are you doing kid?" Logan looked at me, he had slight fear in his eyes.

I looked at him confused, then I realised I had slowly been moving heavy metal objects above me. They were slowly moving, spiting light over the carefully placed items and threatening to fall at any moment, it appeared they were hanging by less than a thread and that's what I was afraid of. Some pieces were above Logan. I began to panic, he saw this and tried to calm me. Making his movements extra slow and keeping eye contact with me, even though there was a lot of metal in the air, ready to plummet onto him.

"It's fine kid, just slowly ease it off. Lower it down slowly." this was the first time I had seen Logan with that face, it didn't help my panic.

I did as he said and lowered the shiny and rusty metal down. It wasn't the first time I had accidentally lifted something of a decent mass over someone's head. Yeah, trash yard fights could be pretty deadly, and I hadn't meant to do it, "I didn't mean to do it." I muttered without meaning to.

Logan just thought it was about the metal, but it was about that poor little dude that I had crushed in the fight, I wasn't even thinking, it just happened. He was so small, he couldn't have been older than 12. I killed him. I didn't mean to. But I still did it.

"I'm going to go and finish one of those essays. It's getting late. I'm sure you want to be alone." I kept spilling out reasons to leave as I exited the door and ran to my room.

I got to my room and locked the door, even though I could sense someone was standing there, waiting and deciding on whether to bother me. I didn't open the door to the shadow. I just opened up the file on my laptop and finished the second essay. At some point in the conclusion, the shadow had left and then only a little light slipped through the gap at the base of my door.
I just stared at the document called 'Case Study : Riley Tovarno', I didn't know what to type. So I just typed freely...

"I am Riley Tovarno. I was very young when my parents found out about me, they chased me out of town. I fled to London, at first it was great, because a group of other 12-16 year old kids who were homeless took me in and then they taught me who to trust and how to fight, which gangs to do deals with and they gave me food and shelter. I was with them until I was about 16, there was a terrible fire. All of them were lost. I tried to stop it but it was so full of rage, no matter how much I tried to manipulate it I couldn't. I could hear their every scream and one little boy, Todd, he was like my little brother, he was 12. He was screaming my name, and I couldn't get to him. I should have tried harder."

I stared at the screen. I had to do a brief case study at the least and this wasn't enough but I couldn't remember much prior to the age of 12, and I didn't want to remember the things onwards either. Never mind. I'll just let Professor X figure it out. He seems like the psychologist type. However, I do want to just get this all out of the way now...

-Midnight-

I heard a tap at my window, it was loud enough to wake me but not loud enough to wake anyone else up. I walked towards the window, I could see a figure as it was blocking the white light the moon reflected. I opened the curtains.

A pair of purple and black eyes met my gaze. Gambit had come to join me.

"I heard you were under some kind of scheme. Mind if I join you?" he smirked and I opened the window quickly.

Unfortunately I had left the document on the screen and he was now browsing through all of my history. His face wasn't as I expected.

"We're a lot a like, me and you. Gangs. Thieves. Old lives, past lives. Maybe you should come with me. Just for a bit, a few weeks or so?" he had been getting closer and now he was just a few inches away from me. He was just about to kiss me when...

"Gambit! Get away from her!" Wolverine was suddenly running at him and his claws had retracted, those shiny, indestructible and deadly claws.

Behind him Pilar looked panicked, I didn't know what to do. Then Gambit grabbed me, looking me in my eyes with a tiny bit of sorrow and the slightest bit of amusement, and used me as a human shield. How lovely.

'Great' I thought to myself as Wolverine clawed me, 'Because this is how I want to spend every Thursday night. Hell lets add some fire to this whole party! Oh, that is going to scar badly...' I drifted off with the last thought being 'I really should have gone to the sheep filled fields. Less claws.'
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's a bit fast moving and skims the surface a bit, but here it is :)

Riley's clothes