Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Away

Standing in the corner of the kitchen, I watched as my mom kneeled next to what she thought was me, dead. She clenched her fists and yelled at the lifeless body, asking it questions that I obviously would never answer. "How am I supposed to make a living for myself now? Fuck you!" She spit on the body and left to her room.

I rolled my eyes and thought, you're probably just to going get your camera to take the last photos of me, huh loving mother? Have to figure out a way to pay for the bills until you get a actual job? I left the house before I could learn the answers to my questions.

I've learned two things from the times I have actually been out of my house. One, if you have bright green eyes and patterns on your body, people are going to give you disgusted looks. You are a freak. Two, you will not be able to get on a bus, so you better warp the drivers reality into believing you're normal looking.

I passed the bus driver, depositing my change in the box up front of the bus. I sat in an empty seat, not bothering to warp the minds of the few people around me to keep my disguise. A man across the aisle was glaring at me, but I pretended not to notice until he started screaming at the bus driver. "Hey driver! Why the hell did you let this freak on? She's a danger to us all! Look at her eyes!"

I saw the bus driver look at me though the mirror. All he saw was a girl with brown hair and brown eyes, nothing out of the ordinary. "If you want to stay on this bus, you better quit bothering the girl," the driver yelled back to the man. I smiled gratefully at him.

The next stop the man next to me got off with one last nasty look my way. I just smirked at him and looked back out the window. I watched the city lights pass by as we got near our destination of a little consignment store in a deserted part of downtown. I was going to visit Darcy, the only person I've ever really had a conversation with.

The bell on top of the door rang through the little shop with walls painted white and turquoise. Darcy came running out of the back, through what seemed like endless racks of clothes. There was a shocked expression on her face before it turned into a huge grin and she opened her arms for a hug. I laughed, but hugged her anyways. Once we stepped away from each other I got to the point of my visit. "So you know somewhere for...people like me?"

Half an hour and a phone call later, the bell rang through the shop once again. In walked a gruff looking man and a younger man with red tinted sunglasses on. Darcy ran up to the gruff man and squealed, "Logan!" She gave him a kiss on the cheek as he hugged her back with a smile.

"So this is Pilar, the mutant you told us about a while ago?" The man with sunglasses asked Darcy curiously.

"Pilar, this is Scott." I shook hands with the younger guy. "And this is Logan." I waved at the man still being held by Darcy's arm. I studied the two for a second, nothing seemed abnormal about them.

Scott stepped closer to me. "What's your power?" he asked.

He's going to regret asking that. "My mom called me Belie," I told him as I started warping his reality into his worst fear. I watched as his eyes shot out two bright red beams, killing Darcy. Logan and I were thrown back against a turquoise wall as Scott burned the store to the ground, screaming. I felt something cut into my arm and took in a sharp breath of air. I let Scott come back to reality and I looked at my arm pour blood once second, perfectly healed the next. I smirked at Logan's shocked expression. He had three long blades coming out from between each knuckle, explaining what had cut me. "Don't worry, I didn't hurt him."

"Well what the hell did you do to him then?"

"Took his dream of being able to not use red tainted sunglasses all the time, and turned it into a nightmare by warping his reality. I used my power," I replied.

Logan raised an eyebrow at me after his claws retracted back into his arms, the holes where the blades had been, healing in a second. He must heal quick too. "You can only warp reality into nightmares?"

I shook my head no. I warped myself to look exactly like Darcy in all three of their realities. Darcy gasped and I let their minds fall back into reality. What if this institution didn't want me after I freaked out Scott? I turned to Scott and softly apologized, "I'm sorry about that, but you asked."

He shook his head. "No, it's fine. I can't wait to get you to the professor."

"Speaking of the professor, we better get you back to the institute," Logan said to be before turning to Scott. "Take her to the jet."

"A jet?" I haven't even been on a plane before. I thanked Darcy and told her I'd visit her. She gave me one last hug and wished me good luck.

I followed Scott outside where a jet was parked right on the roof of a building across the street. "You're going to love it at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters," Scott started making conversation with me.

I looked down at the ground and pushed my black hair behind my pointed ear. "What if no one likes me? I've hardly ever been away from my mom's house. I don't look normal like all of the other mutants I've ever met."

Scott chuckled. "Don't worry, not all mutants look as normal as Logan and I." I could tell he wasn't trying to lie to makes me feel better, but I still couldn't help but be nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm super excited for this story.
I hope you all like it as well. <3