Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

It? - Riley

I woke to the feel of cold metal on my skin and sat up immediately. I was in some kind of hospital room. It was blinding white and shiny reflective silver. Before I could find my clothes in the empty draws the same dude who knocked me out appeared in the door way.
“Where am I?” I asked, “Actually forget that…” I muttered as the metal from various objects started forming a type of cage that flung around him.

“You can’t run far.” the man called while I was already turning the first corner.

By this time the barrier had probably collapsed so I was just waiting for him to be on my trail. I managed to get as far as the elevator doors before my feet were frozen. Oh great, the ice boy again… I tried my hardest to crack the ice but it kept regenerating.
“Calm down!” the boy yelled at me, “We’re not here to hurt you. How about you get dressed and meet the professor?”

“What?” I was confused, people have captured me to be nice to me? “Ok then, but I don’t want to be frozen again or anything else you two can do.”

They found me a room to get changed in, the clothes they gave me weren’t my style but I put them on anyway. I mean a pink dress? Really? After judging their fashion sense I stepped out to be escorted to some office.
“Any questions yet?” the clawed man asked.

“Yes. Two. What are your names?” I asked, wondering why they hadn’t introduced themselves.

“My names Logan and this is Bobby.” Logan told me, then they both looked at me waiting for the second question.

“Does anybody around here have any fashion sense? ‘Cause this dress is ugly.” it was more of a statement, I was waiting for them to ask my name but neither of them did, “Do you know my name?”

They both looked at each other, “Nope.” Logan muttered.

As I guessed they weren’t going to ask further, I walked in to the room with the title ‘Professor…’ written on it, I didn’t bother reading the rest.

“Ah, Riley. It’s nice to see you have arrived, although not willingly I hear?” the old man smiled at me, “Now sit down we have a lot to talk about.”

We started talking about my powers and past. Then moved on to what I was doing in London, he knew almost everything. After that he talked more about what was going to happen now, where I would sleep what I would be doing, training. With some other mutant apparently.

“For today, you will be with a girl we call Rogue. She is going to show you around, Logan hasn’t been your favourite person I see, but you will be training with him at the moment. Another one of your future team mates is called Scott, you will meet him later.” he smiled again before asking, “Any questions?”

“What are the other mutants like?” I asked, “Are there any like me?”

“Every mutant is slightly different, I’m not too sure but controlling minds isn’t hard to come across.” he smiled before continuing, “Now, you better go, Rogue is waiting out side.”

I got up and left without saying goodbye, I just wanted to get out of this room, or the country. Since I was now in America…The girl called Rogue was waiting outside, arms folded and looking at me with intensity.
“What’s your power?” I asked, looking back at her.

“You don’t want to know.” she stated simply, I noticed she was southern.

Fine if she wanted to play that game, “Tell me what your power is.”, again using my powers.

“I can absorb, powers, strength, memory and more. I can control it now…” she breathed, “I guess I know what your power is now, I should have said no to this, just like Logan said.”

After that neither of us said anything apart from when she was stating what the rooms were or talking to others. Finally we got to my room and I was informed that I could get clothes tomorrow but until then it was either black jumpsuits or horrible dresses. I told her that I would prefer the jump suits and asked who would take me, or if I could go alone. She told me that I would be going at the same time as another new girl, we would be escorted by Scott and Logan.

“Thanks,” I muttered as she turned and started walking away, “I’m kinda sorry about earlier.”

She didn’t respond, just looked over her shoulder and rolled her eyes. Great, it already feels like home. The room was spacious, it was better than my old ‘room’, but anything’s better than the back of a bar, a bench or the back ally’s. I decided I wasn’t hungry and stayed in my room searching in my backpack that they had delivered, it had all the things I had on me when they found me. I found my hat and iPod, the only things I had from my old friends. They’re all either drug addicts, drunks or dead now though…

Tomorrow should be fun, having another person who will probably either dislike me or try to kill me…Fun. Fun. Fun…

I woke in the night to hear some movement outside, I immediately went to the door and opened it, I let my eyes adjust to the lighting before seeing the...person? Next to...it?...was Logan.

"Ermm?" I started, "You must be another mutant, new I take it?"

I put my hand out for her to shake it. I had seen much weirder, especially in the streets of Camden and in London generally. Eventually she shook my hand.
"Well, it was nice meeting you, I think I'm either hallucinating or you look a little like a cat..." I talked with my hands a lot and that seemed to be what she (assuming this is a female) was focusing on, "Either way I need air. Have a nice night..."

I walked out before either of them could stop me or say anything. Found a nice tree and fell asleep, turns out I like the outside more than the inside. Probably because I spent most of the last six years outside...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped you liked the new chapter ;]

Outfit-
http://www.polyvore.com/simply_pink/set?id=57362865